Chapter Thirty Eight : I Care

Kaine Turner

"Yo, I don't have that much storage on my phone. I need to delete some shit or something" Angelo said more to himself as he scrolled through his camera roll. I adjusted the ski mask on my face as I took a puff of the blunt occupying my hand. Raheem turned and looked at the both of us before he rubbed his hands together to keep warm.

"You really worried about that now? Put your phone away before I break your fuckin' jaw!" Raheem snapped. Angelo looked up before he slid his phone into his pocket and walked up with a smirk on his face.

"You gon break what? I'd really love to see that shit, for real it seems comical" Angelo responded. I watched the both of them before opening the car door and using the ashtray to put my blunt out as I blew the rest of the shook out of the corner of my mouth.

"You're both pussies, now that that's settled quit acting like bitches" I said pulling out my gun. I checked the clip ignoring the stares I was getting from the both of them, knowing they would do nothing.

I jogged up the front steps and Angelo rung the doorbell as I looked around at our surroundings. A woman opened the door when she saw Angelo who was the only one not wearing a mask.

Her loud scream filled the air as he pulled the trigger shooting her twice in the face. She wore a pink bathrobe and looked like she'd just came out of the shower judging by her wet skin.

A man came rushing down the stairs and when he saw us he turned to go back up and I opened fire on him shooting three holes into his back. He fell down the stairs resembling one of the characters from Family Guy.

The man was still alive though and he tried to slide away on his own blood. I watched him suffer for awhile before Angelo walked off towards the living room and Raheem jogged up the staircase skipping two steps at a time.

"W-why?" He questioned as blood came out of his mouth. I took a few steps closer to him  and I held the gun towards his forehead and moved my finger to the trigger.

"You shot up my car with my kids inside" I responded as I pulled the trigger shooting him in the temple. My eyes slowly traveled up the staircase where a little girl stood appearing frightened.

I locked eyes with her for a moment before she took off running when she heard Raheem I assumed. He came jogging down the steps soon after with two duffle bags and exited out of the home in silence.

Angelo came from out of the living room moments later and we both stepped over the wife's body as we went back down the stairs of the house. Raheem had started the van up and I climbed into the back. He didn't even give us enough time to close the doors all the way when he pulled off.

"You didn't have to kill his wife, they had three kids" Raheem responded and Angelo glanced in the backseat at me before he looked at Raheem.

"I don't give a fuck if they had ten kids, he knew what was going to happen and had he not of been a coward and came to the door she'd still be alive. You think he would've showed any mercy had this of been the other way around? He didn't give a fuck about shooting up the car when there was kids inside. Now you want me to have some sympathy? If you're looking for sympathy then you're in the wrong business" Angelo responded.

"What do you think Kaine? The situation should've been handled differently" Raheem responded and Angelo smacked his teeth and looked out the window.