Chapter Seventeen : Incriminating

Disclaimer : Aaron is bisexual....going forward if that is not something you want to read about or you feel it's so wrong and repulsive then simply skip over any of his or Moses's point of views or don't read. This is just a heads up so you know what to expect now.

-

Kaine Turner

I held Knox's hand as we got off of the elevator at the hospital. He was looking around at everything and kept a firm grip on my thumb while I looked at every room number trying to make sure that I didn't go passed the room I was looking for. Knox started to whine and so I lifted him up and he clung to my shirt resting his head on my chest in the process.

He was suppose to be at home but he kept following me around when I was getting dressed and kept throwing a fit at the thought of me leaving without him. Two days had passed since Christmas and things had started to calm down a little bit but Raheem was still in the hospital and I'd heard Harlem hadn't been by to see him once.

Angelo and I discussed it and decided that now would be the best time to talk to him if any. I wanted him on our side because he'd never done anything to me that was disloyal, I also felt bad his brother had left him to sit in a hospital on Christmas and even after and not attempt to see if he was okay.

I pushed the door open to his hospital room and Raheem glanced up from his cellphone. He had bags under his eyes and looked a little sick but it didn't stop him from smiling when he saw me, it only lasted a second before he looked back at his phone though.

"When'd they say they were gonna let you out? We can't have you missing too much work and shit" I teased and he rubbed his stomach and shrugged his shoulders. I took a seat by his bedside and lowered Knox to the ground giving him the toy I had in my jacket pocket.

"Just a couple more days, they wanna send me to rehab but I don't know. Only reason I'm in here is because I swallowed the wrong mixture of shit and nearly died, I flatlined once and my own blood ain't come to see how I was doing. The bitches I was fucking with ain't called because I'm disposable" he said with a groggy voice.

"Screw Harlem just worry about getting help, you aren't the first drug dealer to develop a problem and you won't be the last. Stop smoking the supply though, I'm not playing" I said sternly and he sighed and looked at me.

"I'm done with that shit for good, I'm tired of depending on something to make me feel good. I got kids and I wanna build something deep with them and I don't even blame Harlem for how he turned out he was fucked from the beginning" Raheem said in a low tone.

I remained quiet taking in his words, I'd never feel sympathy for Harlem or anyone like them. At the end of the day you still choose the person you want to be and if he was weak minded enough to let his father determine the man that he became then he was pathetic.

"I want Harlem out of the position he's in, it's doing nothing but causing trouble. At first it was cool because he actually put in work but he's not a good leader and you know that Rah" I said quietly and he shook his head no.

"If he was such a good leader those around us wouldn't be going to jail, our deals have stopped coming in and people are starting to turn their backs on us. I'm tired and I know you're tired of putting in all the work for him to sit around and bring nothing to the table" I continued and Raheem closed his eyes.