Chapter Twenty Six : Burning

Kaine Turner

"You positive she ordered someone to kill you and Ajani?" Moriah questioned as he looked throughout the scope of his sniper rifle. I nodded my head and tapped his arm wanting to switch places and so he shrugged it off and moved to the side allowing me to get a good aim of Annalise's head as she sat at a bar and flirted with a few men.

"I could shoot her in the head but I'll probably hit the nigga behind the counter. He doesn't look like anyone would miss him" I mumbled and Moriah tilted his head some and looked at Annalise for awhile before he took a sip of his water bottle.

"Take em both out,  I don't have all day" He responded bluntly. I aimed the gun and focused on her head before pulling the trigger. The bullet hit Annalise in the back of the head missing the bartender by an inch. Everyone surrounding the bar paused for a moment before they screamed out and ran off in different directions.

A few security guards that worked for her father, Miguel rushed over quickly and touched her pulse before panicking. I aimed the rifle at another mans head before pulling the trigger shooting one of her security guards and the rest of them scrambled off not wanting to be hit with a bullet.

"What are you going to do now? She's dead" Moriah questioned. I looked over at him as he squatted down next to me and munched on a carrot. I grew a look of confusion before slowly reaching for one and he shoved me away.

"You put in on these carrots?" He questioned simply and I frowned as he took apart his rifle and we quickly left the roof top of the hotel they were staying at.

"You could just share damn. I didn't eat dinner yet and Ajani probably ate without me because she's all knocked up and shit" I mumbled as we got onto the elevator. Moriah pressed the correct floor and I looked at the mirror in the corner.

"How did that happen though? You obviously wanted another baby if you weren't having unprotected sex, correct?" He asked and I nodded my head. I looked at the distant look Moriah had in his eyes and the way he seemed more detached than usual.

"I was already fucked up before I met you and your tuff love and treatment helped me get better. I was so angry when you first took me and I was dead set on revenge but I'm grateful for what you did and I'm sorry about everything.  I can never say that enough" I said quietly and he remained calm.

"You became a better person because you were never a bad person. You give me too much credit, you need to start believing in yourself a little more and stop pretending to be so hopeless and confused" he responded and I glanced at him briefly before I smirked.

"That was the nicest thing you've ever said to me" I admit as the doors opened up. Moriah ignored me and placed his hands in his pocket as he walked out of the elevator.

"Tell my uncle I went to my room"  Moriah said using his room key to go inside. I knocked on Ohaji's room door and Q opened the door before walking away.

When I came inside I spotted Ajani sitting on the floor with Sharif playing connect four. He looked frustrated as he looked closely at the game deciding on his next move and Ajani's lips curled into an evil smile as she waited for him to fuck up.

"I took care of that situation" I said sitting down on the floor next to Ajani and she nodded her head to focused on the game to talk about it. Sharif finally made his move and she squealed before quickly placing a red chip into the slot getting him straight across.