Chapter Thirty Seven : Cut You Off

Moriah Scott

I leaned against the counter watching Nandy pace the bathroom holding a pregnancy test and occasionally take a deep breath. Her eyes remained glued to the stick while mine remained glued to the two other tests that sat on the counter pending results.

"Why don't you just adopt? The world is overpopulated enough, maybe God wanted you to adopt" I said looking at the time on my watch. Nandy threw the pregnancy test in the garbage before walking over to the sink looking at the rest that were officially negative.

"With my luck I'll probably not be able to adopt. That'll just get my hopes up too" She sniffled and I stared at her for awhile before looking at the pregnancy tests again.

"It's something. Doing this is so unhealthy for your mental state, you told me yourself that you only wanted kids because you saw other people with kids and you weren't sure it was something you really wanted and that's a red flag right there" I remind and she slowly nodded her head.

"I just thought this was it. I wanted to at least try one last time before accepting that maybe it wasn't in the cards for me" Nandy explained and I took a hold of her hand pulling her out of the bathroom and she eventually calmed down.

"Wait right there" I demand and she took a seat on our bed. I walked into the walk in closet and picked up two Chanel shopping bags before carrying them out of the closet.

When Nandy saw them her eyes lit up and I sat them on the bed allowing her to open them up revealing two hand bags. I couldn't decide which she'd like more so I got them both, judging by her expression she liked them both.

"Thank you for being patient with me and I really love the bags" She said as she walked over and squeezed me tight before I felt her lips on my neck.

The door opened a crack and the puppy I'd gotten from Kaine's neighbor entered. Nandy had named him Princeton making him our second dog besides the dog we'd already had named Monty.

"Do you think you're ready to adopt and have a child?" She questioned and I looked away before folding my arms.

"I'll think about it some more just please calm down with the sex. I'm sore" I mumbled letting go of her and she nodded her head agreeing.

I walked out of the bedroom and headed for the kitchen where I poured myself a cup of coffee and cut the TV on. I pulled my vibrating phone out of my pocket and looked at my father's number before contemplating on ignoring it.

"If this is about the three fucking idiots then I don't want to talk about it. Now I have to do damage control and I really don't like talking to people. Also, why didn't you just walk across the street to talk to me instead of being lazy and calling?" I complained.

"Moriah I know. They'll be dealt with accordingly but you have to smooth things over, you and Zaire both have to because you know that not everyone likes Calvin and I don't feel like getting out of bed, I'm still waiting on breakfast" He said simply.

"That's not a secret. Look I can make a few moves but they have to do something, I'm not going to keep doing this shit, just because they're family doesn't mean they can keep doing stupid shit and everyone should keep running to their aid" I said before hanging up.