Chapter Twenty Three : Have You Ever

Johan Powell

"Man Moses stop playing! Give it back" Dash snapped growing visibly angry as he chased Moses around the table but he was to slow. Moses looked at the phone and Dash lunged at him but he was to quick and ran to the other side of the table before tossing the phone to Angelo who glanced down at the phone.

"Bruh lunge at me if you want to and I'll break your fucking face" Angelo said balling up his fist before throwing the phone back to Moses. I looked back down at the playboy magazine and flipped the page not interested in what the bwoys were doing, everyone was growing restless because Dash's connect hadn't showed up like he said they would and the time kept changing which was a red flag I'd caught on to.

"Jo tell them to give me my phone back, my guy could've hit me up and we could go and get the drugs but they're playing" He said grabbing Moses by his shirt and the bwoy punched him in the stomach causing Dash to groan and lean over.

"Here take the phone bruv I was just playing" Moses complained sitting the phone down. He kept a smirk on his face signaling he wasn't playing and he shared a look with Angelo who was laughing on the low.

"You're such a batty bwoy, pull yourself together he didn't even hit y that hard" I scolded Dash while flipping another page. Dash got a phone call and stepped out of the motel room we were waiting in. Angelo stood from his spot and began to heavily arm himself before he glanced at me.

"You really don't trust this nigga do you? I feel like he's leading us into a trap which is why I'm expecting the worst" Angelo said lowly as he handed a gun to Moses who looked at it before tucking it in the back of his pants.

I smirked remaining silent as I closed the magazine and tossed it onto the table before standing to my feet. I showed the two guns I had on me before pulling out the blade I kept in my pocket and Angelo began to laugh.

"I feel like stabbing someone is more personal. They actually suffer before they die especially if you tape their mouth first and then slit their throat" I said putting the blade away. When the door opened again Dash entered seeming annoyed as he clenched his jaw impatiently and we all looked at him.

"Who was that?" Moses questioned and Dash glared at him briefly before he looked to me as if I was the only one who had his back.

"Why are all of you looking at me like that? The fuck did I do?" Dash questioned before he smacked his teeth and sat down. "I knew you didn't trust me Lo, that's all you had to say" he continued and I tilted my head slightly.

"This is the drug world, you never trust anybody even if they're family" I said simply knowing I'd only ride to the deaths for my siblings, my nephew and my parents everyone else if they crossed me once that was it and they'd have to die.

"He's going to text me in the next few minutes with the location so get ready and sorry for the inconvenience" Dash said mumbling the last part. I tossed my car keys to Moses and he grabbed two duffle bags of cash before he left out with Angelo who grabbed the remaining two bags.

"Why do you look so nervous all of a sudden yout? Let's go" I said nodding towards the door and Dash slowly stood up as I smirked and followed him out forcing him to shut the motel door and lock it with the key.

"Go check out, I'll be in the car" I said simply and he shoved his hands into his pockets and walked to the front as I got into the backseat with Moses. Angelo glanced at me wondering what I was doing as I pulled out a brush and began to brush my head.