Chapter Twelve

"No Genesis, not that one" I said, frustrated. "Look, the equation is y=x^2+2x-3."

"Oh my gosh. This is hard. I give up. I'm gonna become a stripper, all I have to be able to do is count them singles."

I burst out into laughter. "I'll help you when I get back home on Monday then, you don't have to know this until the next three weeks, but it's good to be prepared."

"Where are you going anyway, it's a Saturday night."

"I'm gonna see Aubrey, then I'm sleeping over at Maya's."I said shrugging.

"Cool, have fun then" she said, as she pulled out her cellular device to make a call.

It had been about a month since Aubrey and I got together. I was loving every second of it. Genesis and I have been closer than ever and I loved it.

I gave my uncle Dylan the recording of the officer and he had been fired. I'd been on six differ news channels, being interviewed and giving my account of what happened to me. The black community was ecstatic. Finally someone had the evidence to speak out against the police. I was asked for my autograph in several places. I even had to take pictures and speak to a school about my experience. It was a pretty busy month.

I barely had time for Aubrey or Maya, so this weekend was for Aubrey, to make him feel special.

I texted him.

*To: Aubrey
From: Me
Are you at the address that I sent you?*

Two minutes later...

*To:Me
From:Aubrey
It's a skating rink? *

*To:Aubrey
From:Me
Yes. You should wait for me inside babe.*

*To:Me
From:Aubrey
Okay baby. See yah :(*

Great. He thought we were going skating. Perfect. I packed my bag with all the things that I would need for the weekend, then went downstairs.

"Ma'am, I'm going to Maya's tell Don and dad I'm leaving." I said, then gave her kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you Sunday night."

"Behave yourself. Doe get yourself in no more chubble, I've seen you on the news enough." She smiled.

"I won't mom, love you."

"Love you too, tell Maya I said hi."

I left the house and rushed to the skating rink address that I sent to Aubrey.

When I went inside, Aubrey's face looked sad. I could tell that roller skating wasn't the date that he had in mind, but when he saw me he replaced his frown with that breathtaking smile that I came to love.

I hugged him, tightly. "I don't really feel like skating anymore." I said. "Let's go to your new apartment and change, I have somewhere that we can go in mind. We can leave my car here."
.....
"Is this alright?" Aubrey asked getting out of his room in black dress pants, dress shoes, a fuchsia dress shirt and a long black tie.

Seeing him in clothes like that, did wicked things to me. I stood up to fix his tie.

Aubrey's eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when he noticed my outfit. A white fitted, knee length dress, with long lace sleeves. Black and gold pumps and gold accessories. Not too much.