Chapter Seventy6ix

Aubrey's POV

Not even a second after I sent the text, there was already a response.

Baby. Okay I'll meet you soon. I'm so sorry.

Like a deer, he fell for my trap. I was actually surprised at how easily he had agreed to seeing her, after all that went down.

Why can't I meet you at your house? He asked. It was a reasonable question, and if I said the wrong thing, he would've noticed that it wasn't Amber.

I replaced my warmth with a pillow, and I rolled off the bed. I stared at the message, contemplating whether I should text him or not....I don't trust being alone with you, I need a public place... Good enough? I didn't know but I had to try. I sent the message, and slipped on my sneakers.

Amber's keys sat on the dresser near her bed and I grabbed them, and fit them into my pocket.

"Aubrey," she whispered. The light from the window was the only thing illuminating the room and quite frankly it was all I needed to see her reaching for me in her sleep.

"Go back to sleep," I whispered, however it seemed as if she was already in deep sleep.

I snuck out of the room, and headed toward Amber's car in the parking lot, where it stood.

I turned the key in the ignition, and the engine purred like a kitten. As I pulled out of the lot, I considered what I was going to say to to Chris when I saw him, or more importantly what I was going to do.

The fact that he had even thought about putting hands on my baby was beyond me. I was completely appalled, and angered. My grip tightened on the steering wheel as I turned the corner. The supermarket was very close, and I barely had time to put my thoughts together.

I parked and waited in the car for Chris to arrive and not a second later there was a knock on the window.

Now the laws in London were a little less strict when it came to tinting car windows, which was why Chris couldn't determine who was driving the car. He only knew it was Amber's and he approached it with little to no caution.

"Amber." I heard him say, but muffled. "Please come out." He instructed, and I pushed the door open revealing myself.

Chris jumped. "Fuck are you doing here?"

I held up one hand to stop him from talking. "Why would you touch her?" I asked calmly. I was trying to keep a leveled head and if he continued to speak, I would've undoubtedly lost my temper completely.

Chris stood couple inches above me, but my build was more muscular, I knew I was stronger, quicker, better. He talked s good game, but his body was too long and lanky to be quite effective in a fight. Chris was all bark and no bite.

"You fucked my girlfriend, and now you want to confront me? Fuck off!" Chris yelled, his teeth bared. He was already on the verge of angry tears, and I hadn't asked more than a single question. "Where is she, is she in the car?"

He looked past me, into the car and I slammed the door behind me to block him.

"I'm going to ask you again. Why did you touch her?" I asked once more, giving him time to respond.