Chapter ThirtyOne

Aubrey's POV

To attract the least amount of attention, I asked the chauffeur to take me to a small barber shop downtown Toronto so that I could have my beard touched up. I always shaved it off, but I had to admit having it grown out did look good on me.

I did gain a little weight, but my abs were still very well defined. I just needed to groom a bit.

"Right here." I said, recognizing the barber shop that my paps used to take me to when I was very young. I wondered if the owner still worked there. Hell I'd would've been lucky if the same person even owned the place.
I stepped out of the car as soon as it came to a complete halt.

Dressed in a grey sweatsuit and the white Jay's that I left Houston with, I sauntered into the barber some, recognizing a few familiar faces. It wasn't until I saw JMac that I actually smiled. Steve and Marin, or whatever his name was trailed closely behind me.

"You know you look really familiar" JMac said to me as soon as I sat in his chair.

I didn't respond. I would give myself away, and from Marin's facial expression, he would not appreciate it if I did that.

Steve nudges Marin once I looked in his direction.

"Can you get us some drinks fam?" Steve asked, sensing my discomfort. The Jamaican man stood up without a question and left the barber shop.

"Hm.. What you finna get today?" The barber asked.

"Just shave the top and shape the beard."

"God have mercy," the barber whispered, "you Graham's boy! I could just tell. You have his voice! I haven't seen you since you were this big." He made a gesture with his hand indicating the height that I was.

"My father isn't Graham. What are you talking about?" I asked, very convincingly.

"Yes sir. You Aubrey." JMac debated.

"What really are you talking about. I just came in here for a simple cut and you're accusing me of being some niggah." I said, masking my excitement. He must've forgotten that I used to be an actor.

"My apologies sir." JMac agreed, looking quite disappointed, but seeming to catch on to my bull shit.

I hated to have to put him in his place. That man had been my hero, but he couldn't ruin my plan.

"Your brother worked with Roy Woods a few years back right?" I whispered to J, while Steve was looking through the pages of a magazine. I put my finger over my lips to tell him to be quiet.

J nodded and spun my chair around so that I could talk to him without worrying about getting caught. "Yeah. He was killed around that time." JMac whispered back, his face paled as he grabbed a pair of stainless steel scissors from the counter.

"What if I told you that I can prove who did it." I whispered.

"Well, I'd tell you you're a crazy son of a bitch, Aubrey." He whispered, his interest was peeked.

...Hours Later...

Amber's POV

"Don, how long is it gonna take to get him back?" I asked Don. I knew I was being unreasonable by calling Don every two seconds since he'd told me that he knew where Aubrey was, but I couldn't help it.