Chapter EightyEight

Aubrey's POV

The nerve of this young thot. She tried to mess up the only good thing I had going for me: my relationship with Amber.

Sarah's phone fell to the floor with a thud.
"Sarah, what is there to clear up? What could you possibly say now?" I asked, the anger in my voice causing it to shake slightly.

Amber rolled her eyes, as she moved to stand behind me.

"Why are you guys acting this way?" Sarah asked, adjusting her hair back into a ponytail.

"Sarah, did you or did you not try to sleep with Aubrey?" Amber asked, her nostrils flared.

Her mouth fell open in disbelief, and her gaze turned on me, "Nothing happened. Why would you tell her..." she began to become angry. Her tears still stained her cheeks.

"I didn't actually." I simply stated. I didn't owe her an explanation for shit, and I was not going to give her one.

"Cut the shit Sarah, you couldn't wait to go brag to your friends about your little 'conquest' but I didn't sleep with you.." I said, my heart pounding wildly.

"What friends? What are you... " she began, her face beet red.

"The picture of you and Aubrey. I saw some girls passing it around at the ice cream parlor."

"Why would you take a picture of me, and send to your little friends?"

"I didn't do that, the picture was for..." the rest of her sentence. "I think it would be best if I just go."

Her phone began ringing loudly and she checked the caller ID.

When the name caught my eye I lunged forward grabbing it and making sure that my eyes didn't deceive me.

And they didn't, Chris was calling Sarah.

Genesis's POV

"Watching him sleep is one of the most calming experiences of my life..." Roger said, as he admired our son from the chair he sat in.

The awe in his voice caused me to tear up a bit. I smiled sadly, as he continued to stare. I really hated this postpartum crap. "It is, isn't it."

My heart swelled in my chest as I observed him.

"I'm so sorry Roger." I blurted out.

"Sorry, sorry for what?" He stood, coming closer to me.

"I'm sorry for hiding him from you for so long, for breaking up with you, for not calling... I was afraid you'd notice my weight gain and start asking questions. I'm sorry for being such a bitch..." I was full on crying now, my heart heavy.

"No Jen, no... don't say that..." he said kneeling near the bed so that we could be face to face. He wiped a tear that escaped my eye, and continued to stare at me lovingly.

All I could think about was what I'd caused him to miss; experiences he could never get back. "But you'll never get to experience the first ultrasound, his heartbeat, determining his sex, the first kick. I took that all away from you because I was too selfish to..."

"Selfish? Jen you're the most selfless person I know. You denied yourself my support, just so that I could go to school, because you knew that if I'd heard about Georgie, that I'd never leave your side. You cared more about my education, than your own comfort.... you love me Jen, more than I could ask for..."

The way his eyes shone in the dim hospital lighting really made my head swim. He was on the verge of tears.

"I was going to wait for a few more days or at least when you're fully out of the hospital to do this." He said, reaching behind him for something. "But I cannot wait any longer. Jen, you are the best person I've ever met, and I was hoping to do this way before I put a baby inside of you, but we always seem to do things backwards." He laughed through his tears. I could believe my eyes or my ears. "I'm here now, and I know I have to go back to school soon but I want you to be my wife before I do. Jen it would make me the happiest man alive to know that you'll make an honest man out of me." He pulled a beautiful diamond ring from behind his back, and my heart pounded so heavily that I could no longer hear anything else.