Chapter TwentyFour

Our little hiding spot was where Aubrey and I continued to meet everyday for most of the month. Don's phone conversation was forgotten, replaced by Aubrey's kisses and moans, by the way he grabbed my hips so hard that I had bruises, the way he slapped my ass so hard that there was probably a hand print on the left cheek, the way he breathlessly called out my name or opened his eyes so widely when he was pleased. It was him, dominating my thoughts in a way that I loved and hated at the same time.

"....Did you hear me?" My mother asked as I washed the dishes. I was so far gone, I couldn't stand still without thinking of Aubrey.

I shook my head.

"Get your head in the game my child. I said, I'm gonna take a shower, Roger's family is coming over for thanksgiving dinner, so wash the dishes, set the table and I'll transfer the food to the dining room table when I'm done.

I did as I was told. Mr. Robinson was nice enough. His wife was also really beautiful. I suppose she was Aubrey's aunt. He looked like her so badly. The differences being her pale skin tone, blonde hair and womanly features.

Once the table was set, I began to transfer the food onto the dining room table. I know my mother wanted to look nice, since her boss was coming over, it was the least I could do for her. I prayed to the heavens that I didn't clumsily drop anything.

Genesis entered the kitchen with a huge grin. "I suppose that's what you'll be wearing." She stated.

I looked down at my black and white tank top, with my black leggings that was covered in soap and food, and my pink apron that had a line of tomato sauce smeared across it and cringed.

"Ha-ha very funny." I called, placing the large turkey in the middle of the table.

Genesis shrugged. She wore a light pink, fitted dress with long sleeves. The neck line was heart shaped, exposing a little cleavage. The dress was up to her knees in length. The color complimented her complexion and the ten pounds of blush she wore, perfectly. Her hair fell down her shoulders in large spirals. Her feet covered in my nude high heels that I got the Christmas before.

"You look nice. You know, you don't have to dress up for Roger." I said cooly, while transferring a few more dishes from the kitchen to the dining room table.

"Now you got jokes. Roger and I aren't like that." She said.

I looked up at her, leaning a hip against the granite counter.

"Huh?"

"Well, he's been helping me with math and technology since you became so hooked up on Aubrey. I don't like Roger, I like Justin." She explained. I still hadn't told her that Justin's mother brought him back to Dallas after the incident with Aubrey. She figured he wanted nothing to do with her after I found out about their affair.

"Oh. I'm sorry for thinking you've been whoring about" I said, smiling to ease the harshness of my words.

It seemed to work as Genesis smiled back and giggled girlishly.

She took off her shoes and helped me with the last of the containers.

"How's it been? I've barely even seen you." Genesis asked.

"I guess it's good. I really feel so comfortable with Aubrey. I think I- I'll get it!" I yelled as the door bell rang. I ran to the door in my socks, almost falling once. I needed to get some Uggs for inside.

I pulled the door open revealing a very early Maya.

"Bitch!" She exclaimed. I pressed my palm against her mouth and shut the front door.