Chapter FortyFive

"Did that beard give you magical mean boy powers?" I asked Aubrey as he carried me away. I got nauseous, I just wanted to go home. The whole situation with Aubrey and Chris really bummed me out.

He didn't look too pleased about the situation either. His usually warm features were stone cold at the moment, he seemed like a statute.

He arched a brow at me before setting me down in front of his car.

He pinched the bridge of his nose before speaking. "Why?... How....Wh...I don't even know where to begin."

"Let me... How did you find me?" I asked.

"Your location is on, which we'll talk about later. Explain to me why you were with that niggah earlier."

"I just met him today. His parents own this place." I countered.

"Why was he all over you? I walked in here and he was going to kiss you." He breathed in, calming himself down. He wasn't yelling at me, he never did when he was mad, his voice would just become deep and icy.

"I don't know. You know I'd never let someone else come between us. I love you. Only you baby cakes." I closed the space between us, pressing a kiss to his bearded chin and giggled.

I could tell he was biting back a smile. "You're so drunk." He stated the obvious.

I grinned, pressing my cheek to his chest, listening for his heart beat. It thumped rhythmically against his chest, I put my hand on my chest to feel for my heart beat. What I felt nearly had me falling to my knees.

They were the same. They beat in the same pattern.

"Aubrey!" I looked up at him, his face returned to normal. "Our hearts are the same."

He looked confused for a moment. "what?" He asked.

"Our hearts beat at the same time." Realization took over his features and he smiled down at me.

He didn't anything, we just stood in the parking lot, my eyes closed listening to the steady strum of his heart.

It baffled me how much of my logic had been discarded once our relationship started. Synchronized heart beats were supposed to be a myth, however there I was, feeling my boyfriend's chest. Waiting for his chest to rise and fall to the pattern of his breathing.

We probably looked like robbers, both in all black hugging and silent, but no one would understand the dynamics of our relationship, besides us. We were the weirdest couple ever.

We leaned against his car, neither of us wanting to let go of each other.

"What's your New Years resolution?" Aubrey asked, out of the blue. I must have been falling asleep because Aubrey's voice scared me then calmed me.

"I... Don't really know yet. I guess I've never made New Years plans." I responded.

"What is yours?" I replied finally, looking up at him.

"I don't think I want to change anything about my life right now." He kissed my hair.

By this time I was quite sobered up, I could handle my liquor well enough, but I could still feel the alcohol pumping through me.

Aubrey's POV

"I'm sorry I took you away from the party." I confessed. I thought I would be so mad at her, but I found myself apologizing to her. Again, she found a way to make me feel like I was wrong.