Chapter 6ixtyTwo

Aubrey's POV

"There is an immense amount of evidence, indicating that Roy Woods should be put away, your honor. Not to mention the 3 day long tape."

The audience began to get riled up, taking over the voice of the lawyer who was expressing his views.

"Order." The judge enunciated, using a gavel to add effect.

A deafening silence fell once she spoke. The authority in her voice shining through.

"A reasonable person would say that the effects of his crimes have not been insignificant. Many have lost their lives, their morals, their sanity by working with Roy......"

I tuned out the voice of the one speaking. I could barely focus on him, nothing could drown out the feeling that I had in the pit of my stomach; someone was watching me. I could feel someone, burning a whole in the back of my head with his eyes. The hate that person held toward me could be felt.

I gulped, pressing my lips into a firm line. It took everything in me to look back, just to glance at who was looking at me.

I turned in my seat, slowly, drawing it out.

Confirming my fears, Roy stood many feet away, glaring at me with intense dark eyes.

Fuck.

Almost automatically, my phone vibrated in my front pocket of my slacks.

I refrained from doing anything stupid. I was clear about the rules of being in the courtroom: There was to be minimal to no phone usage. I was not going to jeopardize my chance to testify against that psycho.

Roy smirked at me, the kind of smirk you see in horror films right before the killer murders an entire family. He was toying with me, trying to get into my head.

I quickly averted my gaze. Allowing him to get to me would be my downfall.

"Robyn Rihanna Fenty, one of the many individuals who was brainwashed by Roy....." The lawyer continued to speak about how Robyn was an angel. About how Roy had ruined her, but he didn't know. He didn't know that she was already ruined, way before Roy came into the picture.

My eyes searched for the familiar tattooed girl, with beautiful eyes, but to no avail. She wasn't there.

"She's being held in witness protection." Someone next to me whispered.

"Poor girl. She was forced to do horrible things." Another one said.

"She was such a role model." One sitting a few seats away commented.

They knew not, what they were speaking about. They didn't know her; not like I did. She was broken. She was not at all what they thought she was. Her intentions for me were worse than Roy's. She had to be punished too.

She did have a way of talking her way out of things, so it didn't surprise me that everyone was on her side, placing the entire blame on him, but I was hoping that my statement would change that.

Amber's POV

"You're sure that you should go alone. Do you know this guy that well?" Genesis asked.

"He's cool, plus you're the one always telling me to make new friends and stuff. It'll be fine."  I ensured, making sure to use conviction in my voice.