Chapter Eighteen

We kissed for a while, enjoying the fact that we were together after five painfully long days. I played with the stubble on his face that was somehow longer. It was Aubrey who broke the kiss.

"Promise me that you won't leave again." Aubrey said, looking into my eyes. It was dark but the intensity in his gaze was still extremely powerful.

"Again? I didn't break up with you. I got in trouble. I'm grounded, I can't use electronics or my car. The house phone is disconnected and I tried contacting you on Facebook from home and school, but the wifi password was changed at home and social networking sites are blocked at my school. I even attempted emailing you, but then I realized I didn't know your email address."

"Then why'd you leave me at the store and why'd you call me saying you couldn't see me anymore?" He asked, unwrapping my legs from around him since he was a little aroused.

"I left because I didn't want to hear the conversation between you and your ex, because I... " I stuttered my words.

"Because why?" He asked.

"Because I felt a little insecure. Just a little bit." I said avoiding eye contact.

"Listen," he placed his hand under my chin and lifted it so that I would look at him. "You are the only girl I see."

"Fuckboy expressions 101." I said, smiling.

Aubrey laughed."but for real though, I've seen a lot of beautiful people, but you are beyond beauty. No one can ever change the way I feel about you baby." He kissed my nose.

"I....appreciate you so much." I said hugging him tightly.

"I love you too Amber." Aubrey stated kissing my temple.

"Now about not wanting to see me anymore?"

"I meant I can't see you this month, because I'm grounded. I won't be able to see you."

"Oh. I'm sorry in advance for the voicemails that I left you then." He said.

I laughed, and kissed his cheek.

"My turn for questioning now."

He nodded hesitantly.

"Which Don was Rihanna talking about."

Aubrey looked around nervously, and then bowed his head in defeat. "your brother." He said. I was right about it being my brother.

"Why didn't you tell me that Don was the person who slept with your girl? And why are you two cool?" I asked.

"Amber, I didn't want you to see your brother in a way that wasn't what you were used to. You obviously looked up to him, so I pretended that I didn't know him so that i could protect you. Rihanna is old news,there's no reason now why we can't be cool. I mean we can't be besties but we can be more than acquaintances ."

"Do you still feel anything for her?" I asked. I needed to know. I needed to hear him say it.

"I do." He said. My heart sank. He still had feelings for Rihanna.

"I feel hatred toward her, I want you and only you, and Rihanna and no other girl can change that." He said. My heart fluttered a little, but I didn't let it show.

Aubrey's POV

"Last questions, who's Nicki? Why did you cheat on her with Rihanna?

I was afraid that she would ask that question. I didn't like talking about the whole Nicki situation. Rihanna didn't know why Nicki and I were together in the first place.
"Nicki is this girl that I met before I met Rihanna. She was an upcoming rapper doing her own thing, but she was a black girl and a lesbian. Double minority. One day the press leaked photos of her with her manager (a woman obviously) in a compromising situation, and she needed to cover it up before it caused her career to flop. So she asked me to uhh, pretend to be her boyfriend but it didn't exactly work, so we pretended to make a sex tape, that went viral, and she sold like ten times more albums than the month it came out. I don't know how the Degrassi people didn't see it but we had it erased from the internet after a week. She paid me a lot of money that I needed to help my mom pay the rent and my mom and dad never found out about it. I met Rihanna a week after the sex tape was released and I slept with her, so she thought that I was still with Nicki." I held my breath after I spoke, gauging Amber's reaction.

She looked surprised and some other emotion that I couldn't place. She opened her mouth to speak.

"Promise me that you won't leave." I said before she said anything.

"I won't Aubrey. But this is a lot to take in, maybe this month apart was good for us, to figure out what we're doing." She said. No fuck no.

"No, I'm sorry, no." I said, holding her hands.

"Aubrey it's okay, I know I wanted to rush into this relationship thing, but I think we should slow it down a bit you know."

"I understand. This will be hard for me though." I knew she understood but I was still very disappointed.

"Aubrey listen, don't beat yourself up about this. I just wanna figure out a few things. Probably talk to Don about it, get some advice."

"Oh that's okay." I untangled my arms from around her. The cool air hit me like a wrecking ball replacing the warmth that Amber provided me.

"Kiss me Aubrey. I'll miss you" she said. Fuck. I bent over and gave her a closed mouth kiss, then turned around so she wouldn't notice how sad I was.

"I'll miss you too." My voice cracked at the end, making me sound like a pussy ass niggah. I contained myself though. "I'll see you around."

"Aubrey, I umm I l-like your hoodie." I smiled a little, she wanted to say that she loved me, I could feel it.

"See you in a month baby, and I love you more." I said over my shoulder, then I walked to my car.

I got in and watch Amber disappear inside the house, only to reappear at the window looking directly at my car. At least it was hard for both of us. If a month is all she needs then fine. I'll give her a month apart.