ChapterEightyFive

Aubrey's POV

"You were so gentle with him," I whispered, into her hair.

"I know he's not a bad person. He's just done bad things." She said, leaning into me. The coconut scented product she used filled my nostrils, and I smiled.

"Did you mean what you said about your feelings for me." I asked, my insecurities were flaring back up after seeing how Chris treated her. It seemed like every time I turned, there was another Niggah trying to take my place. Whatever place that was.

Amber still hasn't confirmed whether or not we were in a relationship, but I didn't mind it. Now that she knew how I felt about her stringing me along, I was hoping it would light a fire under her ass.

"You know I did." She said, shrugging lightly.

I couldn't ignore the little flutterings in my chest. No matter how many times she said that she loved me, or even eluded to it, I couldn't get enough.

"Oh well prove it." She grabbed my face planting a kiss to my cheek.

The drive home was beautiful. We spent the time alone together to listen to an unfinished track that Post Malone had me mix for him.

She listened quite interested, then she scrunched her nose in concentration, the way I loved.

I was nervous as to what she'd think. "What you think?"

"I love it. But, I would lose the hi-hat, and turn the bass up just as he starts the hook." She shrugged, and I parked the car in the designated spot.

I tried to envision her suggestion in my head, "Amber, that's fucking genius. How'd you know to that do that?"

"I don't know, I have a good ear I guess." She stated, smoothing down her hair in the front.

"Come with me to the studio next week after you get back from your aunt's." I told her, leaving no room for denial.

Amber had decided that it would've been a good idea to go get Trixee from her aunt's house. Since I chose an apartment that was pet friendly, it wasn't a big deal to bring Trixee.

After she'd agreed to come with me, I made it a point to kiss her hand, and we walked into the apartment.

After hours of her cleaning, and rearranging things she was finally ready. She'd cooked two meals for me, cleaned, rearranged the furniture and we'd watched Power until it was fairly late and she decided it was time to be dropped to her car. We'd taken only one car back, her car was still parked in the parking lot of the gym.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" I asked for the final time as I drove her to the parking lot.

"I'm sure." She clipped. "I haven't spent any time with my aunt recently, she'd be pissed if I just brought you. Plus..." she drifted off, there was something that she wasn't telling me.

"You're hiding something." I pointed out.

"I love that you want to come with me, but my aunt and parents don't know that you're even in London. I want us to ease them into the idea of us living together." She reminded me. I couldn't be mad, because at least she wanted to tell them.