Chapter ThirtyFive

"I love you so much." I heard myself say as I was hoisted in Aubrey's arms. The tears were continuing to stream down my cheeks.

"Oh God." Aubrey said, his voice cracking. "I love you Amber. I love you so fucking much."

Was he crying too?

We stood there crying in each other's arms for a long time. Heaving and shaking uncontrollably, overwhelmed by the sensations that came with being in each other's embrace. He held me like a father would hold a child, cradling my head and supporting my midsection. His newly acquired beard, tickled the side of my face in a way that I was not familiar with, but I didn't care. I remained in his arms, sniffling and breathing his scent, trying to memorize it. My arms locked behind his neck tightly.

"You can put me down now" I said once I felt, I could stand on my own.

He didn't hesitate to return my feet to the floor.

I stood in front of him, staring up at his face with so much adoration it was probably visible to anyone. I reached up to touch the scraggly beard that he was sporting and laughed.

"A beard Aubrey?" I asked, drawing patterns with my fingers on his face.

"Do you like it?" He asked, touching the hand that was on his face softly.

"I'm not going to lie, it suits you." I replied, getting onto my tiptoes and rubbing my cheek against his.

Aubrey grabbed my hands in his, bringing them to his lips and kissing them both.

I shivered. Feeling his skin on mine was the best form of comfort I'd ever received.

"I've missed you," he said, his cool breath fanning out across my face. I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of being in such close proximity to him. All too soon, I remembered the reason we were apart in the first place.

I furrowed my brows at him.

"How? How are you here?" I asked him.

"I'll explain in the morning. Right now, I need one thing." He insisted.

"What do you need ba....I mean Aubrey?" I asked, correcting my silly little mistake.

He licked his lips, and I wasted no time. I pressed my lips to his immediately. It was even better than I remembered. The intensity of the kiss was increased. Each movement of our lips held a confession of love. I bit his bottom lip and tugged on it lightly. He groaned into my mouth. A groan derived from pure pleasure and lust.

His rough beard tickled my face, but in a way that had me wanting more.

The kiss was quick to turn into a make out session. Aubrey grabbed my butt as I wrapped my legs around him and my arms around his neck while continuing to kiss him.

He lay down on the bed with my body on top of his and continued. His hands made their way to my hair. He loved pulling on my curls while we kissed which actually turned me on.

"Aubrey, the..." A blonde woman said as she entered the room, finding us in an awkward situation. I flew off of him in a rushed panic.

Who even was she, and why was she in the apartment?

Aubrey's POV

My mother, being my mother, found her way into my room while things were getting heated between Amber and I. It was 2 in the morning,for crying out loud. She should've been asleep.

Amber's look of confusion amused and bothered me at the same time. I knew that I had to clear this up.

But as soon as I opened my mouth to speak, realization took over her features and she fixed her outfit.

"Amber, this is my mother" I said, resting my arms under my head while laying down. "And mom, this is Amber, my girlfriend." Amber's face lit up, with the title that I used.

"Not the best introduction, finding me on top of your son. I apologize, Mrs. Graham." Amber said stretching her hand to shake my mother's.

"Oh please darling. It's fine, I know you two have been apart for some time. And please, call me Sandi."

"I'd rather not ma'am. I don't feel comfortable calling you by your first name."

"Well then call me miss Sandi." My mother said. I knew she hated being called by my last name.

"That won't be a problem." Amber smiled, a smile that almost took my breath away. "I'm sorry for staring but, Aubrey looks so much like you."

At this, my mother laughed loudly. No one ever told her that. Everyone thought I looked like my father. "Well that's a first."

"I mean, he has all of your facial features, beautiful features." Amber clarified.

"Aren't you a sweet heart?" My mother said, avoiding Amber's outstretched hand.

She never liked any of my past girlfriends, and she especially hated Rihanna.

Then surprising me, and Amber, she opened her arms. "Come here darling, I'm a hugger."

It almost made me uncomfortable, seeing my mother enveloping Amber in such a sweet way.

"Can I have her back now?" I asked my mother.

"Possessive like your father," my mom mused, letting go of Amber, who came to sit on the bed right next to me, still wearing a beautiful smile.

"Let me leave you two to it. Oh and Amber, happy birthday."

She finally left the room, closing the door behind her.

Amber lay back on the bed with a content sigh, and faced me.

"Oh my god! Maya and Genesis." She shot off the bed, grabbing her phone off the night stand and dialing some numbers.

Amber's POV

I was so caught up in the moment that I forgot all about our plan.

"Amber what the fuck is your problem? Where are you? We've been looking all over the state of Texas for you, we even went back to your house pretending we forgot something! We had to cancel the tickets!"

"Maya, calm down!" I hummed.

"Where are you?" She asked in a much calmer tone.

"I'm with Aubrey." I answered.

"You're in Toronto already?" She screamed.

"No, I'm in Houston. Aubrey's back."

Maya screamed on the other end of the line. "Are you serious?"

"I'll come over later, right now, I need to catch up with Aubrey." I said then hung up.

Turning to Aubrey who was standing next to me.

"What was that about?" He smiled.

"It was nothing, well umm. We were going to go to Toronto, last night, to find you. And then I cancelled before it went too far, and you just happened to come back to me."

"Listen, Amber, I'll always, always come back to you. No matter what."

He looked down at now, pouring all his love into my eyes.

"I have something for you, since it's your birthday and everything. I've had it for a while now. Now I know you don't like me spending money on you and before you give it back please read it." He pulled open the drawer and under the clothes he pulled out a small white box.

"Here." He said, his voice shaking a little. He placed the box in my hands and I cupped it.

"I don't want to open it right now. I'll wait until after I know about what happened to you while you were gone. We should get some rest."

I placed the box on the night stand, removed my jeans and lay down on the bed, Aubrey soon followed after turning the lights off.

He lay behind me in a spooning position, wrapped his muscular arms around me and kissed the back of my hair.

"I'll always come back to you."