-5-

Chapter Five | Nightmare Reality

Pyro's P.O.V.

"I'm not putting these on," I protest in disgust as I stared at the clothes that my brother try to hand me. From the strong stench that is coming from the clothes he held, I knew they were dirty.

"You have to."

"They smell like him after he goes to the gym," I try to explain to my mother, pointing at my brother.

"That's the whole point," frustration and the lack of sleep were written all over my mother's face "His scent will mask yours till we get you to a safe place."

Since the accident, both my parents were beating themselves, especially my mother. She blames herself for not being more alert with her surroundings. Now she's wasn't letting me leave her sight unless I have to use the bathroom. My whole family is on pins and needles all because of me being in heat. My father has been on his phone, making dozens of calls while he was on watch in the back.

They made reservations for me at a hotel a few miles away from the house. The only problem is me getting there. Rogues can be anywhere. We live in a neutral zone, which is an area that can't be claimed by any pack. Neutral zones are for werewolves that don't want to be part of a pack and want to live life more freely. Since neutral zones are pack free, rogues can pass freely to other neutral zones.

"It's just till we get you to the hotel," said my brother. He had this cockiest looking smile.

"Fine, fine, fine," I gave up what was surely a losing battle for me. I went into his closet to change. My brother's scent filled my nostrils as I put on his shirt. I couldn't wait to get this off and take a shower. I headed back out once finished. "Now, is everyone happy?"

My mother came over to me and sniff. She sniffs the air around me a few more times before smiling. With a nod, she looks back at my brothers.

"It works!"

"I told you it would," Tony said with confidence as he pats my back.

While they were celebrating that they were able to hide my scent, I started to feel sharp pains in my midsection again. I lean against the wall hoping the pain will soon subside but no such luck.

"What's wrong with you?" asked my other brother Matt.

"Nothing," I replied through clench teeth. I wasn't going to tell him it was cramped, and it's bad enough my brothers know I'm in heat. My mother helps me to the bed, then told Matt to get the grocery bag she had downstairs.

"Before you know it, you'll be out off heat."

"Yeah, just to go through this next month," I told her.

Just then, my father called for us to come downstairs while my mother told me to relax, but I didn't want to miss what he had to say. Biting down on my lip through the pain, we head downstairs.

We head to the kitchen to see my father and two brothers discussing something. One of my brothers handed the grocery bag to our mother, and she passes it to me. I open it to find chocolate and a heating pad, and she told me it would help with the pain. At this point, I would try anything to stop the pain. After what seemed like I was standing forever, I immediately went to the first seat I saw and sat down.

"Did it work," my father asked, looking over at my mother.

"Yes, he's scent is completely hidden," she replied with a smile.

"Good, then you two better get going," my father went on to say, "Call me when you made it there."

"We will," she said softly before giving him a kiss, which personally lasted a few seconds to long. I cleared my throat, which made them stop "See you soon."

I couldn't help but rolled my eyes. This was beginning to be like a sappy teen love movie. I quickly pulled my mother away from him, knowing them, they would be standing there till morning if I didn't. They picked the perfect time to be all lovey-dovey.

Before I could take a step towards the front door, I was yanked back into a hug by my father. Time seemed to slow down while in his arms. I could tell he didn't want to let me out his sight after what happened.

"Dad. I will be okay," I pull myself away from him so I could look at him, "focus on whatever you have to do. Mom is no softy, and you know she can handle her own."

He nodded.

We said our final goodbyes and continue on our way to the hotel. When we were pulling out the driveway, I stare at our home, knowing it would probably be the last time I would ever see it.

 When we were pulling out the driveway, I stare at our home, knowing it would probably be the last time I would ever see it

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

-AJ Pharaoh