-30-

CHAPTER 30 | New Teacher

Pyro's P.O.V.

The entire drive to school was of my father telling me to call him if I see anything suspicious. He was against me going to school with Tasha still on the run, but I didn't want to stay home. I need to try to have a life, even if it is for just a moment.

They still didn't want to tell me what happened, saying someone who knows more about the subject will talk to me soon. The only I know for sure is that Tasha has some power, and my family was sure she would use them to kill me.

"Are you sure you are ready?" my father's voice pulls me out of my thoughts as he slowly pulls in front of my school, "maybe you can go to school next week."

"No, I am fine," I went on to tell him as I stare out the passenger window, "don't worry, I will be fine."

"Remember, call-"

"Call you if there is anything suspicious," I said with a smirk as I got out of the car and closed the door.

As I made my way towards the building, I could feel my father watching me. I glance back, and he was still parked, being an overly protective father.

"Dad," I know he could hear me, even with the windows rolled up "please don't worry, I will be fine. I will wait for mom or you to pick me up after school."

I could see him letting out a stressful sigh before nodding and driving off.

"I know I need to keep my guard up more than ever," I told myself as I entered the building."

I made my way through the sea of students to my locker. As I open it, I was happy to open it again. Being at school was the only place that the attention wasn't on me. I blend in like an average person.

"Pyro, about time, you return to school," shouted Megan, probably one of the few humans I call friend, "You know we got a new teacher for History?"

I shook my head as I exchange things from my locker and backpack.

"Who is it?"

"Don't know, but I heard she was beautiful," she said with a whimsical voice, "like an angel walking among us."

I looked over at her. Megan was more of the girl daydreaming that her prince would come. She had wavy chocolate brown hair that fell to her shoulders. Her skin was fair with freckles on the bridge of her nose and cheeks. Her big brown eyes were very doll-like.

"Well, let's go meet her," I told her as I closed my locker.

She nods with a big smile as we made our way to our first class, History.

Along the way, Megan talked about the rumors she had heard about the new teacher. From what she heard, this teacher traveled and taught at some of the world's tops institutes before coming here.

"Why would she come here there," I asked out loud, finding it strange she would come here of all places.

If our new teacher had done what the rumors were saying about her, then why would she come here to teach?

I have been here for a month, and this school isn't that special, just like any other human school. The students' grades were average, including mines.

Coming up the stairs to the second floor and turning in to the hall of our class, I felt a change. It wasn't a bad feeling, but it wasn't good either. This feeling was strong enough to wake up my wolf.

"So this is where you are now," her voice emotionless.

"Who?" I ask my wolf but didn't get an answer, "gosh, you are so rude!"

I thought this would get her talking, but nothing. Instead, her presence hid deeper inside my soul until I couldn't sense her anymore. To a place that was called a Soul Temple, where I could astral project myself there to talk to my wolf face to face if I ever wanted. I was able to do this after I did the ritual. This place was my wolf so-called safe place where she liked to be alone.

"Why is she going there?" I whispered to myself, trying to figure out why she would go there.

"Why would who go there," Megan asked.

"Huh?"

"You said, why is she going there" Megan looked at me with a risen eyebrow, "Where is who going?"

"Oh, this story I am reading," I told her.

The closer that we got to our classroom, the stronger the presence.

"Stay alert," I told myself.

As I stepped into the classroom, my attention went to the woman at the chalkboard. The presence I was feeling was coming from her.

I made my way to my seat in the corner without taking my eyes off this woman.

"She is not human," I told myself mentally.

She wrote her name on the chalkboard and turn to face as the bell rung.

"My name is Ms. Lightwood for those who were wondering," she said clearly with a warming smile, "I'm your new History teacher."

"What happened to Mr. Wayne?" ask someone from behind me. That was a good question.

"He had an urgent family matter that needed his attention and won't be here for the rest of the year," she answered.

"Did you travel the world?" another student asked.

"Yes," sitting on the edge of her desk before she continues, "I travel the world, some places more than once. I learned so much from my travels while teaching others."

"Why did you come here?" Megan went on to asks, "I mean, you could teach anywhere. Why here?"

"Because an important matter brought me here," maybe it was me being uneasy, but I felt as if she staring at me as she spoke why she was here, "While I help with this certain situation, I need to keep an eye on the main issue I am here. Hopefully, I can be of some help to him."

For some reason I felt like she was talking to me, but I knew that she couldn't be. I watched as she went behind her desk and grabbed a stack of papers and asked someone to pass them out while she wrote on the chalkboard.

"Now, let's began today's lesson."

I hope you enjoyed this small chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh