-69-

CHAPTER 69 | HELLO

Jesse's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do," Pyro's wolf mentally spoke to me, standing where Pyro's body vanished, "when Verum Goddess appeared into this world, it was more powerful than Pyro's body could handle, destroying his physical form. What is left of Pyro is his fragile soul, in a coma."

The sound of the last dismissal bell pulled me out of my thoughts, leaving me standing in front of my locker. It has been nearly five months since that fateful day, the day I lost the most precious person in my life, my mate. Since that day, life has been one nonstop emotionless ride, keeping myself busy so I would not think of the numbness I felt when I think of him. I can't help but beat myself up for how I act with him and what it cost me.

"Jesse, are you heading home," asked one of my friends.

"Yes, but I must stop somewhere first," I told him as I close my locker door, "it won't take long."

"You can't keep doing this to yourself," he went on to say, making his way over to me, "he is-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," I roared, pushing him up against the lockers while our friends try to pull me off him, "don't you dare!"

"Enough, Jesse!!" my eyes turn in Ylva's direction. She stood a reasonable distance away from us, "Look at what you are doing to the people around you, and you are not the only one who is hurting."

"Sorry," it was the only thing I could manage to say before grabbing my things and walking off, "I will be home soon."

It didn't take me long to reach the cave where Aoki and I stayed while Pyro was healing himself.

I stood in front of the cave, opening as visions of our stay here flow into my mind. Though there weren't a lot of memories here, it was the most time I spent with him. How I wish I would have taken a different path with him. If only I knew this would have been his fate, I would have done anything and everything to keep him safe.

After a few more moments, I decided it was time to head home, though I know I would be back here tomorrow and the day after. I would be coming here till the day I die.

"I miss you," I mumbled, not able to stay much longer, "and I miss you."

Suddenly, a gentle breeze blew. Within it, I swear I could get a scent of him. For some reason, I was drawn to follow where the scent came from, only to see the same illusion of him sitting in the same spot just above the cave entrance, dressed in all white. A faint smile graced his face. His eyes focus on me.

I could never work up the courage to say anything until now. The thought of this might be the last time I get to see Pyro made me want to say something I wanted to say since that night.

"I'm sorry," my words carried truth and pain, "I'm sorry for not being there when I should. For not being the mate, I should have been when you were alive. I wish I knew what I know now."

His illusion nodded as if it understands what I said, or maybe it was just me wanting him to forgive after everything I have done.

"Goodbye," I went on to say, turning back around to head back down into the world without him, "Pyro, goodbye."

"Hello, Jesse."

I froze, not able to move after hearing my name being called. My mind was now playing tricks on me now. I am losing it.

"Well," the voice continues in a more playful note, "are you going to say hello?"

"You can't be real," I told the voice without turning to see the holder of the voice, scared to see that nothing was there and it was all in my head "you can't be real."

Warm arms wrapped around me, holding me in a matter that made my heart and soul melt.

"Hello, Jesse," I broke free from its grasp to face them. My eyes began to water as his hands caressed my face "it's me, Jesse."

My legs gave up on me, putting me on my knees as I held on to him as tears flowed. His arms wrap around my neck as he knelt in front of me to look me in my eyes. His stare was of understanding.

"H-how?"

"It is a long story," he said with a faint smile, "but I have been watching over you. Now, if you would have done all this in the beginning."

"It's you," I smiled, burying my head into his shoulder, "I miss you so much. I promise if you decide to stay with me that nothing like this will ever happen."

"Well, there is no choice. After all, I am your TRUE mate," he told me before placing a kiss on my cheek, "and you are stuck with me forever be-"

Before he could finish, I placed my lips on his. This time, it wasn't just to shut him up but because I wanted to kiss him. A real kiss to show how much I miss and long for him. I didn't care about anything outside this moment because I was finally whole again. I was complete.

He pulled away from me.

"Let's go home," he said, standing to his feet, "shall we?"

"Yeah," I smirk, taking his hand into my and leading the way, "your family will be happy to see you again."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

-AJ Pharaoh