-38-

CHAPTER 38 | SHE APPEARS

Ylva's P.O.V.

"Are you having a good time," asks Jason, the guy I have been seeing for some time now.

"Yeah," I glance at him, not able to hide my smile, "I'm glad I came."

We slowly made our way through the crowd of dancing people. After some time dancing, we thought we would give Pyro some company.

In the corner of my eye, something stood out. It was a person standing in front of the path, not moving a muscle. I found it weird that I was able to spot this person out with everyone dancing.

"What's wrong with that person?" I whisper to myself as I continue to make my way out of the crowd, yet keeping an eye on them.

Suddenly, the person turns to face the crowd. I could feel my eyes widen in shock, nearly tripping over my own feet.

"Pyro..."

He stood there, staring blankly into the crowd. Though it was faint, I picked up the same scent the day we met Aoki.

"Something is not right."

As I continue to stare to make sure I wasn't overreacting, but something happened. Pyro's hair begins to grow and lighten to a silver-white. His dark eyes changed to gold, far more brilliant than the true eyes of Aoki's.

"What the hell is he doing," I let go of Jason's hand and head toward Pyro, "why is he turning here."

I pause when I realize that no one wasn't paying any attention to him, they were all dancing. Those near Pyro didn't turn in his direction while he changed. Everyone seems oblivious to what is happening to him.

Without putting much thought into it, I push my way through the crowd, keeping my eyes on Pyro. As I thought I was getting close to him, someone blocked my view of him for less than a second. Pyro was gone from where he was standing.

I rushed through the crowds looking for him, yet there wasn't any sign of him.

"I think the person you are looking for is over there."

The familiar voice was clear as day, even with all the noise around me. I turn in the direction of the voice. Standing a few feet away from me was Tasha.

"You have something to do with this," I spat out.

"You better hurry," she went on to say with a devilish smirk as she points in the direction behind me, "you don't want him to make a scene."

I glance in that direction to spot Pyro moving towards the fire pit. His movements felt as if he was being controlled. I knew Pyro wouldn't do anything like this willingly, and then it hit me.

"Damn y-," I turned to look at Tasha, but she was gone.

If Pyro weren't in his current state, I would have gone after her. I don't know what was going on with him or why no one notices him. The only thing I was sure of that Tasha had something to do with this.

"She's here," I turn to see my mother standing next to me, looking around, "she is using her abilities to keep me from tracking her."

"Something is wrong wi-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the sound of people screaming made me stop, and to look in that direction. The same direction I last saw Pyro in.

Someone was covered in the flames of the bonfire. I instantly knew it was Pyro, yet I couldn't figure out why he was making a scene. Everyone looked in disbelief as they tried to figure out what was going on and why the person was screaming.