-64-

CHAPTER 64 | HERE WE COME

Ylva's P.O.V.

"Where is Jesse? I need to talk to him," I placed my hands on my hips when I saw that damn girl lying across Jesse's bed reading one of those gossip magazines. I slammed the door making her jump when she did not answer me.

"Ugh," she rolled her eyes at me, "you still there? I thought you got the message that I did not want to talk to you."

"Look, little girl. I  have already wasted valuable time on you," I told her as I rolled my sleeves up "if I ask again, please believe me that it will end with me kicking your ass till you cross over to the other side. Now, where is Jesse?"

"You are crazy."

"Trust, at this moment, you should be glad I haven't killed you already," I whispered in a low tone, trying to be patient with this girl. I'm on a race against time to save my brother, and this girl is trying me at a time like this "the next sentence out of your mouth better be the location of Jesse."

"He is somewhere in the woods," she said in haste. I could hear the instability in her voice before she cleared her throat "once I become Luna, I will deal with you."

"If you do, I will kill Jesse and you," I growled as I exit the room, "so you better pray that you don't."

It took me a few seconds to get out of Jesse's house, mainly because I jumped out of the hall window. I could not waste any more time. If what I found out is correct, there will be a moon tonight.

Ever since she said that there would be a moon in a week, I have been researching to see what she was talking about but came up with nothing. Then it hit me that she might not have been talking about earth's moon, and there I found my answer. No wonder what she meant by her moon, she was talking about the Supreme Moon. A spirit moon crosses over into this world every four months or when a strong enough heir summons it to this world.

From the few books I was able to read that belonged to my mother. The books were in Latin, while most of them were in the language of the moon, which belongs to the Supreme Pack. I was able to piece together information about the supreme pack and their moon. This spirit moon is one of many moons that is under the control of someone called verum goddess, verum meaning true. Whoever this being is, I had a feeling that it somehow deals with Pyro. I just hope Aoki gets my message in time.

I mind race as I search for Jesse's scent in the woods. When I found it, it was faint, and not long before it was gone. Without wasting any time, I ran in the direction of the scent hoping his scent picked up.

It wasn't long before I was deep in the woods, out of breath from running. I lost Jesse's scent by a river and wasn't able to

figure which way he could have gone or why he was this deep in the woods.

"Damn!"

I looked up at the sky, watching the sun as it began to set. Time is running out, and I was no closer to finding Jesse or Pyro. Part of me hopes that he was with Jesse, but most of me doubt that from the note Pyro slipped under my bedroom door. I dug out the letter from my back pocket and read it once more.

Hey Sis,

If you are reading this, I've probably left already. I did want to tell you this in person, but after seeing you were sleeping with a smile on your face, I couldn't tell you. I didn't want to see your smile vanish from what I had to say.

I know how this is going to end. I fear that it ends with me leaving this world, and I doubt I would be able to return. Not in your lifetime anyway. As I write this to you, I think of all the things I'm going to miss out on, the holidays, birthdays, and something, more importantly, your wedding. He's a keeper. We all notice how happy you are when he is next to you. Tell mom and dad that I love them with all my heart and that I could not bear to look in their eyes and tell them goodbye. They would have never let me go with the goddess without a fight, which would end them both.