-52-

CHAPTER 52 | GODDESS VS HOWLER

Jesse's P.O.V.

The sound of a gun firing and growls blended, becoming louder with every passing second. My other senses slowly recovered soon after. I could feel the vibrate from within the ground.

My head felt like I was hit with something hard.

"Pyro," I whispered out loud as I recalled what happened to me, slowly trying to stand to my feet.

I let out a faint growl of disgust for being open to a sneak attack. The wound on my head was already healing, yet the pain still was fresh.

"Pyro, where are yo-"

What my eyes landing on made me speechless. Aoki stood in the center, pointing a gun towards Pyro while another person that looked like Aoki floated within a black fog. There were at least a dozen protectors in the space between Aoki and Pryo. But my attention went back to Pyro, who was kneeling and bleeding.

"You are finally awake," Aoki turns her attention to me as a grin formed on her lips, "I hope I didn't hurt you too badly?"

"You hit me," I growled.

At that moment, my wolf didn't care if she's a white wolf. My wolf wanted to cause her pain for what she did to me. How could she do this after doing everything I did to help her?

As soon as I tried to move, she fired the gun at Pyro. One of his Protectors jumped in the aim of the bullet, taking the hit instead of Pyro.

"Move again," she continues to point the gun at Pyro, "I promise the next one will be a headshot, and I'm sure Pyro doesn't have much energy to dodge another just yet."

"Why are you doing this to him?" taking a few steps back. Aoki smiles at me as if this was all a joke, "Aoki, answer me!!"

"First off, I'm not Aoki.," she pointed out as she gestured her head towards her left to the Aoki that was floating in the fog, "That's Aoki. I'm just using her form at the moment."

"Who the hell are you," I barked. I could feel my wolf coming closer to the surface. I could feel my nails growing as my clothes started to feel tighter.

"Sara, a Shadow Howler," she announced proudly.

"I'm going to kill you."

"Is that so," she smiled as her eyes narrowed. "do you think you can reach me before I pull the trigger?"

Taking time to figure out the odds, I was genuinely helpless at the moment. There was nothing I could do to save Aoki, or even worse, I couldn't help Pyro. I am at Sara mercy, hoping that she would slip up, giving me a chance to make a move on her.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I came for Aoki, " she replied, not taking her eyes off me before looking over to the real Aoki. "She promised to my alpha to give him a child."

"Save Aoki," Pyro whispered out.

"I don't think so," before I could catch what she was about to do, she had the barrel of her gun pointing at Pyro's forehead, pulling the trigger, "I wasted enough time on you, little goddess. I have far more experience than you when it comes to my abilities. You never stood a chase."

Everything felt like it was in slow motion as Pyro fell backward, hitting the ground. His body laid there, motionless as blood covered his face.

"No," I trailed off, dropping to my knees, "I wasn't fast enough."