-34-

CHAPTER 34 | INVITATION
Pyro's P.O.V.

Aoki Lightwood, the only other white wolf that I know of and maybe the only other one. Since our talk at school, she has been teaching me how to control my abilities. She was impressed that my mother was able to teach me as much as she did without being a white wolf herself.

With three hours of training each day, I was able to learn more about my abilities with each training session. The most important thing, Aoki taught me so far was how to summon my protectors. She stressed how helpful they could be when you are outnumbered. I'm able to summon five protectors at will, still can't be compared to how Aoki can summon.

While most of the elements were under my control, some were more tricky to control than others. Aoki thinks it may be due to me not taking on an element but the force that drives each element. She hopes it will become easier as time goes on, and master of all of them.

As for my wolf and myself, we are on better terms. For us to stay alive, we must work together. The stronger our bond, the more control I have over my abilities. I've learned more about my wolf these few weeks than in all the past years. Aoki and my mother are right about my wolf and me. We do need each other more than we let on. The only downside to all this, as I get closer to my wolf, my hair is turning white. It doesn't matter how much I dye it. By morning it's white again with no trace of the dye.

But life seems to keep going, whether I have dark or white hair.

It's only three days before Thanksgiving. Tons of festive parties were being held all over the pack's territory, leading up to Thanksgiving Day. Jessie invited Ylva and the rest of us to a private party that is being held at the packhouse.

The invitation had Jessie's name written all over it.

"Ylva, we invite you and your family to our family's event," I read it out loud before turning my attention to Ylva, "You know who invited you, right?"

"It got him written all over it," she said as she looked at the invitation that I held.

I didn't want to go, but was made to out of respect by my parents. I knew it's just another chance for Jessie to get on Ylva's good side. Little did he know her eyes on someone else, and he is not her type.

"Yeah, I know," I whispered. 

"The only reason I'm going is because of the free food and the gift bag we're going to be getting," she went on to say with a smile, "heard that the food is amazing."

"That's a good reason to go." I laughed.

"One thing, I need to buy something to wear."

"You don't have anything to wear?" I questioned, knowing she has dozens of dresses she hasn't worn yet locked up in the back of her closet.

"It's a costume party," she said, pointing to the bottom of the invitation where it says what to wear. "So, we both have to go shopping."

I look at her as if she's crazy. It's bad enough that I am being forced to go to this party, now I have to dress up.

"Come on," she whines as she pouts, "I think you'll have heads turning."

"That's what I'm afraid of," I told her as I rested my head on my arms, "Having too many heads turn could cause suspicion when you are supposed to be the white wolf. Besides, Tasha might show up to cause drama."

Though we haven't seen Tasha in weeks, we couldn't shake the feeling that she was in the area. For me, I sometimes feel like she is watching me, waiting for the right moment.

"Good point," she said, resting her head on my shoulder. "I don't with your new look that she will notice you."

"You really want to go shopping?"

"Yes," she lifts her head to look at me "I want to pick something nice to wear for the party."

Knowing she will try everything in the book to get me to go shopping with her, I just nodded.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh