-6-

Chapter Six | Nightmare Reality
Part Two

Chapter Six | Nightmare Reality Part Two

Pyro's P.O.V.

A drive that would generally take fifteen minutes took us early an hour to get to the hotel. Since my mother was on edge, she took us all over town. She wanted to make sure no one or anything was following us. I couldn't tell you how many times she thought someone was following us, and we have to double back around to make sure it was safe.

By the time we were opening the door to our room, I was dying for sleep. Ylva and Tasha were on the couch watching television, drooling over the guys on the show. My mother went over to talk to them while I went to look out the window. Being twenty floors up really does change how someone views the city. It was like looking down at a sheet of Christmas' lights.

"Like the view," my mother asked as she made her way over to me and stared out the window, looking down at the busy street below.

"Yea," I replied softly.

"You better go shower up and get some rest," she suggested, gesturing to the room down the hall, "Goodnight, and that goes for you two as well!"

"Why we have to go to bed so early?" heard them ask in perfect unison.

I shut the door just in time, not to hear their defense of not going to bed.

"As if they would win that argument," I whispered to myself as I unpacked my bag.

The room I was staying in had a bathroom with a huge tub. I water and pour some bubble bath stuff that my mom had got me. She said it would help me relax. I went on to light two candles for light as I didn't want to turn on the actual lights. The light of the candles reflects off the rippling water in the tub while the sound of running water filled the silence.

I sat on the edge of the tub with my feet in the water while my mind wanders. My mind replayed everything that happens since waking up in heat yesterday. It was one unfortunate event after another.

I slowly go undress and look at the wounds on my back in the mirror. They were taking forever to heal, and I wanted them gone. It was consist reminder of what could of happen if they didn't get there in time to save me.

"I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them," I told myself as I go into the tub.

The only sound was from the crackling of the wooden wick candles. They reminded me of a campfire burning on an autumn night.

'How are you holding up,' ask my inner wolf, I could feel that she was very concern 'Are the wounds healing ok?'

'Umm...' I didn't know how to answer her at the moment. I bit down on my bottom lip as sharp pain wash over my back when I touch one of my wounds. 'how would you feel if you were tossed around like a rag doll by a rogue.'

I couldn't help stare the blood that covered my hand before submerging it, swirls of blood dance in the water. My wounds would have been healed by now if I wasn't in heat. Another con of being in heat, I thought. The only thing that keeping me from bleeding to death is the cream that my brother gave me.

'This wasn't the way I pictured my life going,' I told her.

I was prepared for the teen heartbreaks, school drama, and everything that comes with being a teenager. Sleepless nights, howling inner wolf, cramps were nowhere near the picture of how I wanted my life to go. I couldn't help but laugh at my situation.

"This is the opposite of everything I wanted," I chuckled faintly.

'Well, it could be a lot worse, you know,' she replied.

I'm a guy going through heat, how could it be worse. This was something most don't go through.

'How can it be worse than this?'

'Well, you could be claimed,' she answered.

In some ways, she was right. What happened today could have been a lot worse. A cold chill ran washed over my wounds when I thought about the rogue that did it. Thank the heavens that his long gone.

About an hour later, I was dry and in bed. My mother made me keep my door open so she can check on me throughout the night. I could hear her in the living room, talking to my father on the phone. I wish I were able to listen to what he was saying.

I was about to fall asleep when the howling starts, louder than before. The feeling of being on fire made me kick off the covers.

I look over to the red glow of the alarm clock, and it was only after midnight. Another night without a decent night's sleep, something I wasn't looking forward to, not after all that has happened today.

Then I remember that I pack something just for this. Quickly getting up and went through my bags till I found them, sleeping aid. Without reading the directions, I took four pills and hopped back into bed.

Around two in the morning when the sleeping aid started to take effect on me. My eyelids felt like weights. The sound of my wolf howling was drowned out to only a whisper. My body went numb to the point that the overwhelming feeling of being on fire was gone.

Turning to my side, I had a huge smile on my face for being able to welcome sleep.

"Finally some sleep," I whispered before falling to sleep.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

-AJ Pharaoh