⎡12⎦

❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖

News travels fast around Hogwarts. After I left the trio, they faced a course of obstacles in order to make it to the final room where Professor Quirell was, assisting Voldemort by combining their bodies and hiding him under his turban. Harry was able to destroy him and save the Philosopher's Stone in the process and was now recovering in the Hospital Wing. 

As I walked around on the last day of school, I found Hermione and Ron talking on a stairway balcony. Approaching them I asked, 

"Did Harry come back from the Hospital Wing yet?"

"Not yet, oh wait, never mind," Ron muttered as he nodded his head towards Harry who was at the bottom of the balcony. We leaned over the railing.

"Alright there, Ron?" Harry asked Ron.

"Alright... You?" Ron replied. Harry shrugged.

"Alright. Girls?" He asked, turning his attention towards us. We both smiled at him and said.

"Never better."

    The four of us walked down to the Great Hall for the leaving feast. I said goodbye as we parted to our house tables. Glancing around the hall I noticed the green Slytherin banners decorating the room. I smiled and slid into a seat next to Draco.

"Hello, Hazel," he said.

"Hi, Draco" I replied, taking a sip of my pumpkin juice. At the Head Table, McGonagall used her knife to hit her glass. The chatter around the Great Hall receded as Dumbledore rose from his seat and said,

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." There was a little bit of clapping. "Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points." A little bit more. "In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points." More. "And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House." There was immense cheering.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award." 

I furrowed my eyebrows and straightened up. 

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points." I smiled and clapped a little. I knew where this was going. 

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points." 

I clapped some more but I certainly knew where this was going and I knew I wasn't going to get any points for saving their arses from a three-headed dog. 

"And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points." There was more immense cheering.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom." 

I was certainly pissed off. I wanted at least a little credit.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order." He clapped and suddenly the green banners changed to Gryffindor red and gold. "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!"

Again more cheering erupted. All the students stood up and threw their hats into the air. Draco didn't. He instead smashed his down onto the table. I, however, sat where I was and did a little toss and catch with my hat. I was happy for them. They did deserve it. But I did too...

. . .

  "Come on now, hurry up. You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up" Hagrid yelled as the students boarded the train. I went to Hagrid and gave him a nice long hug. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a air restricting squeeze.

"Ha-grid h-elp" I said through my tiny breaths. He let go immediately and said,

"Sorry 'bout that"

"It's more than okay Hagrid. I'll see you next year!" I exclaimed, waving my hand as I went over to Harry and Hermione. 

"Come on, Harry." I said to him as Hermione and I boarded the train.

"One minute" He replied before he walked over to Hagrid.

  Hermione and I climbed on board. I gave her a hug.

"You are the best friend I could ever have. Remember to owl me!"

"Of course!"

We went our separate ways and I went to find Harry as he boarded the train. I crushed him in a hug. 

"Harry James Potter! You write to me this summer or I promise I will hex you to oblivion," I said jabbing him in the chest. 

He laughed.

"I'll try. My aunt and uncle aren't going to be keen on it."

"Fine. Then if you need someone to help you escape, just howler me." 

He laughed again.

"Okay. I'm going to find Hermione and Ron. Bye Hazel! See you next year!"

"See you next year!"

After our final goodbyes, I went searching for my gray-eyed friend with Kronos in my arms. I found him alone in a compartment, staring out the window. I slid open the door and sat down next to Draco, the both of us with large smiles on our faces. We sat in silence for a moment until Draco spoke up.

"You know Hazel. You're going to be a great Slytherin Princess when we get older."

"I'm sorry? Princess?"

"That's what people are calling you. You have the spirit. And practically everyone loves you. They all know you're amazing."

"I don't do princesses. I do Hazel because that's who I am. Hazel. Just Hazel." 

Fishing into my bag, I pulled out my sketchpad and pencils. I sighed as I watched the train pull away from the station, Hagrid waving us off. I had an amazing year with new friends and a little adventure. I smiled at Draco.

  I couldn't wait until next year.