Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Ariel.

                  "ARIEL! THAT'S IT, YOU WHORE! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU AND THAT PATHETIC ATTITUDE OF YOURS!" She raised her hand in the air, directing it towards me.

Here it comes...

Violently (and not forgetting extremely painful either), she grabbed my bruised, red ear (from previous punishments) and began dragging me forcefully out of the rotting attic door and down the broken, splintering spiral staircase away from my tall, menacing tower prison. She had slapped me square in the face before she did so, my face moving to the side with her movements. She had already started ranting about my behaviour as she always did, so I just blocked it out. I was prepared already, waiting for the worst of it to pass.

This was something I was used to.

It didn't happen very rarely, nor did it happen every single day. It happened a few times a week, maybe a little less if I was lucky enough. I was just so used to this torture bestowed upon me weekly that I began to ignore it. Even if I behaved, they would punish me for being good. It is a never ending cycle, repeating forever- until I die, of course. They wouldn't even let my mate take me away and save me, no matter who he was. I was officially stuck here forever. Witches do live for a long time you know, and so do wolves. Wolves don't live as long, though, unless you're a hybrid.

Yes, Freya is half-witch and half-werewolf. She can shift into her wolf form (unfortunately meaning that she is a shit ton powerful than most average witches) and use her magic to its full extent. That is extremely rare around hybrid kinds, as it can take the longer-lasting hybrids centuries to finally master the control and harness the full potential of both their sides.

And not all hybrids are bad, by the way. Most of them are pretty damn chill despite what some of the tales say. Only a few go against the council's rules and use their powers for misdeeds. Like Freya.

And even if my mate was an Alpha or someone with even higher authority that actually wanted someone like me, there was nothing they could do. If he was someone who held power, Freya would force him to be with Marie or Georgiana so the power went to them. Typical. Typical of them to want that much power. I would be doomed to live here for the rest of my life- however long that would be. Who knows, I may even kill myself before I could even meet him.

But until that fateful day, I would try to survive. I would survive, only for my future. Not for anything else. Never for anything else. I don't even think I'll have that much of a future, but I could be wrong. I could end up with this massive life ahead of me, so I had to at least, stay around for some of that, regardless of what occurred.

Whilst I was pondering on my possibly nonexistent future, I hadn't realised that Freya and I had ended up in the main area of the house. And that we were also heading to that area of the house.

No. Not there again! Not again! No!

"BITCH! YOU WENCH! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!? ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO WHAT I'M SAYING?!" She screeched, more annoyed with me than she was fifteen minutes ago.

"Sorry? What did you say?" I asked her, frightened of her next reaction, and obviously not knowing that she was shouting at me for or something else like that.

This was another thing I usually did. I liked to block her out, it made some things a lot easier on me. Plus, the time went by much quicker. Playing a song or something helped.

"I'll take that as a yes then, you little whore." She insulted me, something that I was quite used to, somehow thinking that it would offend me in some way and she'd get a reaction out of me like she did in the past. She always used to be able to break me down, but not anymore. Never again would she have that power over me. Never again.