Chapter 20

Chapter 20
The Narrator.

*FINAL CHAPTER 😉*

Two Weeks Later...

Ariel wandered lonely across the room, the floorboards creaking with life as she stepped absentmindedly on them. Her footsteps were plain and simple, her feet sidestepping, an easy one leg extending behind the other. It was almost like a dance routine: One, two, three, one, two, three. Simple and easy, but she would make it more complicated by changing the direction of her movements, changing the pace she moved at, or even changing which leg she moved on first.

There was a lot of quiet. But the sound of birds tweeting in their nests, the occasional flapping of wings, and the sounds of a few animals were present to her ears. The animals awakening from their peaceful winter slumber, ready to work and prepare again as they once had before.

Cinderhill Lane was deserted, desolate and tranquil. It was waiting anxiously for a very special arrival. A special arrival that could change many people's lives in more ways than one.

Ariel had no cares for the arrival, it probably wasn't anyone important anyway. It didn't matter to her, it was probably just some rich snob that Freya was looking into marrying one of her evil daughters.

Little did she know about the surprise that was coming her way...

Jacob remained quiet in the car on the way to the house at the end of the lane. His thoughts constantly drifted towards his thieving mate- she was definitely a thief as she stole his breath and heart- thinking of how fearless she had been when she had kicked him in the balls and jumped out of the window. He hadn't seen her since that night, since she had mysteriously gone into hiding but he hoped to see her again soon.

His search for her had been frantic, very frantic indeed. Jacob had been a wreck over the past two weeks, shouting at the wolves who failed to find his mate very often (he came to this search today to ensure his wolves were doing their job correctly) and hobbling around like he was some kind of zombie from The Walking Dead everywhere he went- including school. He refused to give up hope- he would find her. Even if he had to resort to his last option. The one he hated with a passion- like the sort of passion his mate had for running after him.

Throughout the masses of trees and an army of bushes, a house could be seen in the distance. A tower like structure was connected to it, something that looked like it was taken off a castle or from a fairytale. The house was small and quaint, adorable like some little puppy, but the tower, the tower was a different story. It loomed over the house, as high as the trees that surrounded it, casting a dark shadow like some unseen evil in the world, but looking like it was held together by some other force than bricks and cement.

When they arrived, Jacob could immediately tell that this family was fairly rich and well-off, but it was obvious they tried way too hard to make an impression that they were an excellent family with their lavish accessories and expensive items. It was quite distinct that they only wanted more money, fame, and power.

The group knocked on the door, patiently waiting for someone on the other side to open. An elderly sort of woman- no more than the ripe age of forty- answered the door. They all gave their greetings to each person and they were treated with the respect they deserved. Of course, thinking of them to be equals, they shared the exact same attitude. They were seated in the living room, which could've been normal, if it weren't for the lingering sweet smell hidden behind bleach and cleaning products. It was emmaculate, almost too clean.

But Jacob's thoughts were interrupted, as Robert had arrived with the first shoe.

You see, Ariel and Isaac hid the second shoe in his room, but they constantly switched the rooms it was kept in so that their stepmother wouldn't be able to find it. Isaac had suggested the idea one night, after discovering what his dearest sister did from some friends of his. He had known of her plans to steal the shoe back- also having knowledge of how she failed miserably.