Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Jacob.

                      My hands were shaking, my palms sweating like an athlete after a workout as I paced anxiously around my room

           My hands were shaking, my palms sweating like an athlete after a workout as I paced anxiously around my room. I waited patiently, but I was starting to grow impatient. Screw that, I was already impatient. I couldn't wait any longer. I had to know the news. Soon. And faster than the rate that it was getting here to my waiting, empty arms.

I didn't know quite what to do next.

The search isn't going as well as I hoped. I had hoped to have found her, but alas, I had no luck. She was nowhere to be found. I think it isn't going well because she is hiding from me. She isn't showing herself, she's hiding. She may well possibly be afraid of me, afraid of the future that she would have with someone like me. Of course, many would be if they had heard of the stresses that came with being an Alpha.

She obviously must have known something about them. She obviously must have heard about the expectations of an Alpha's mate and Luna. Which was what scared me most. Was she frightened of her failing as a Luna? Was she scared that she wouldn't be able to care for the pack as she should do?

Why would she run from me in the first place? Is it the publicity and the overwhelming stress that comes with being an Alpha's mate and Luna? What was it? Was it because when I tried to accept her it was because it sounded like I was about to reject her and that the next time I saw her I would break her heart with those upsetting words? Was that it? I couldn't even tell anymore, it had been so hard living without her for so long already after having such a brief meeting with her.

I mean, I can understand the situation with Jessica beforehand looked a little dodgy, but I'm hoping that wasn't the real reason why Aurelia ran away.

Why did you run from us, sweet Aurelia?

The clock was ticking. If she didn't show herself to me soon I would be forced to mate with another come Valentine's Day. That was the last thing I wanted. I wanted her and only her. Not some spoiled, bitchy stand in who wouldn't do as good a job as she could, one that would assume that she owned the entire pack and they would do anything she wished for at the snap of her fingers.

There was nothing. No hope. I wouldn't find her. I wouldn't find sweet Aurelia-Cynthia, my beautiful mate ever again. I couldn't do anything at all to make her change her mind.

It wasn't until Rob walked in again that I had a little ray of hope. A small ray of hope that they had found her and that she would be in my arms again.

Robert (or Rob if you know him well enough) Wilson is my Beta. We have become good friends over the years, but I didn't choose him to be my Beta because we're best friends like most Alphas do. I chose him because he was the most suitable one, the one I could count on to perform his duties correctly. He has sandy blonde hair which can look a light brown in dark light and blue eyes, is quite defined, and always has girls trailing after him. Like me, though, he wants to wait for his mate. I even believe that he too met her at The Alpha's Ball, yet she ran away from him for some unknown reason. Funny, isn't it? The Alpha and Beta's mates both ran away from them at the same time and place! Imagine if they were friends or in on the prank together!