Chapter 38

Chapter 38
Amethyst.

         It was time. It was officially time. There was nothing now. Nothing that could save her. She had no time left. She was leaving. For good. She was leaving. And she would never be coming back. It would be difficult at first, getting over the amazing people and moving yet again away from a different place which had been her home for so long... She didn't even mean to make any friends here at all! It just happened. And now that she was leaving, it was time to say goodbye.

But only one of them knew the truth...

Amethyst hugged Ashley tightly, taking note of the comfort. It would be years before she was loved this much again. If she even survived the next few years.

"Thank you," Amethyst whispered. "Thank you, for being a great friend when I needed you most. I'll never forget you."

"It's OK, Am. You don't have to thank me for being a great friend- that's what friends are for. That's what we're supposed to do."

Amethyst looked at her red-haired friend in the eyes and the two hugged again.

"Go. Before he catches you. I'll stall them."

Amethyst shifted into her wolf, but not after saying something else:

"Goodbye, Ashley."

Amethyst trotted over to where the edge of the pack border was, lifted a paw and was about to cross-

That was until something stopped her. Or someone very important to her.

"Amethyst! Wait!" A familiar voice called out to her, stopping her in her tracks.

Ariel.

"Amethyst! Wait! Please don't go! Please stay with me! I need you, darling! I can help you! Just stay where you are! Please, darling!" Another familiar voice.

Dustin.

Mate.

Run.

Slowly, she retracted her paw and turned around slightly so she could see them through the corner of her eye.

They way they looked at her was difficult to look at. Their eyes were full of... Disappointment. Anger. Hatred. Pain.

But no matter what, no matter what she felt for her mate, whatever the feelings or attachments she had to him wouldn't matter. It wouldn't be needed. It would be hated.

For as long as she was in this mess, she would have to hate him. She would have to learn how to stay away from him. She needed to distract herself away from him, which her wolf disagreed with greatly, wanting to pull back and run to their mate, but it needed to be done. They needed to focus on the task at hand- getting away from that vile creature.

She needed to gather up some old friends of hers... And all within two weeks. She got over here in two years.

This will be a fun road trip! But who knows how long it will last for?

Looking around her, her eyes saw the looks her best friends gave her. They were silently pleading her not to go, but she had no choice.

She had to go. Violet eyes collided with deep, stormy blue pupils.

Her mate. He was begging her not to leave him. But she couldn't stay. It wasn't safe for her anymore.

She had to go.

"I'm sorry," she mind-linked them, her eyes still focused on her mate.

With that, she turned, her paws stepping over the border. Her feet dug into the ground, and she sped off into the trees. Off to live as a rogue.