Chapter 28

Chapter 28
Ariel.

A Few Weeks Later...

              For once, everything was falling into place. Things were progressing quite well actually. It was going so well. What a difference my once lonely life has had due to this new improvement of sorts, this new entrance. I felt happier, lighter, more joyous than I'd ever been before in my life. Everything just seemed to become better. Our relationship was perfect. Jacob was perfect.

Well, at least, that's what I thought. He was perfect to me.

It was like a dream. He was like a dream. Everything was so... Dreamy right now. It sounds strange, to describe it like that, but it's the only way I can describe it.

I was so happy with Jacob. But I don't think happy doesn't even begin to describe it. He was just so perfect. So perfect. My perfect mate.

Even my friends were happy. Amethyst was still disappearing frequently for days on end and Ashley spent time bringing her back every time. Ella and Matt were still being really secretive about things. Ashley had finally started talking to me again now that I had accepted my mate. Seren and Alice were just... As normal as those two could be, really. And Amelia and Jimmy were rebellious as per usual, and I occasionally joined them (Jacob has absolutely no idea by the way).

Of course, Jacob and I had our ups and downs on the occasion. But we still found a way to make it all right again. He still didn't know about my living situation and I hoped that he wouldn't have to find out for a little while longer. It wasn't that I didn't want his help, I just didn't want him to flip shit on me.

I was just walking home that day, on the phone to Jacob (as he decided that it was best he bought me an iPhone 7 in a deep, shiny red as a very late birthday present and an apology for anything he ever did, something I hated because I'm more of a "talk things out" person than "buy my forgiveness), the two of us talking about what we would be doing while we were apart from each other and what times we would be available to contact each other. I didn't even bother to notice the black SUV with tinted windows that pulled up next to me, the back door opening and a person in black stepping out of it moving next to me in time to do something about it...

A cloth went over my mouth. As much as I tried to not breathe it in, I couldn't help it. I breathed the suffocating scent of chloroform in. Unconsciousness overtook me, my last thoughts being of Jacob, perfect Jacob saving me because for some really weird reason:

I had been kidnapped. Great!

Some time later...

When I came to, I was confused at many things.

I didn't know who took me. I was alone in this hidden room- adding to the fact that I didn't where I was. I didn't know the time. Hell, I didn't even know if it was the next day or if two weeks had passed! I wasn't sure about anything, and that was what scared me the most.

There was a barred window in the stone room, Accalia smelling the scent of the bars from a safe distance.

Silver.

...Hunters?

If it was hunters, I had no chance of ever escaping alive. Jacob would find my body hanging on the branch of a forest tree,my stomach slashed open for all wolves to be warned about being around humans so closely.

I just felt... Alone. I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to get out of here.

But... I couldn't.