Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Ariel.

                                    I had to find an escape route. I had to get out of here. Fast, too. I had to run as fast as I could in order to hide, but I couldn't be caught. I refused to ever be caught. There was absolutely no way I could stay there after everything that had just occurred. If I stayed here, bad things would happen. If I stayed here, I would have been rejected by my soulmate. So...

So, I followed Vickie into the dark woods, led by the night vision us werewolves carried.

And one thought ran through my head. I mean, surely my best friends would understand, right? I mean, I was just about to be rejected! They knew about my situation- my inability to feel a connection to someone else. If they understood that, and then what it would feel like to be rejected with that problem, they would surely understand why I ran from him. A mate is the most precious thing ever to a werewolf or any supernatural creature for that matter, I knew that very well. But the thing was, I couldn't break him, I just couldn't destroy him like I did with everything else that was good in my pathetic life.

"What if he wasn't going to reject us? Huh? What if he was going to accept us as his mate and Luna? What would have happened then?" Accalia posed a few questions.

"We can't take any chances Accalia. What if he was going to reject us and take someone else as his mate? We would have been broken-hearted! You know for a fact that we wouldn't have survived the mating process!"

"I know... But still, did you see his face when we ran out?"

"No, I didn't. I was too busy on running and getting out of there alive if you didn't notice! Why? Was it hilarious?! I bet it was!"

"No, Ariel. You probably wouldn't understand. You know, since you're heartless and everything."

"Oi! I may be a little mean sometimes, but heartless? Perhaps a step too far there for someone like me."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. You know you're evil."

"Hey! I'm not that bad! At least, I'm not as bad as that bitch Freya!"

"Yeah, you are. You know I can read your thoughts, right?"

"Well, no shit Sherlock."

"Exactly. I know what dirty thoughts you think numpty. It's disgusting sometimes, actually."

"Whatever. I know what you'll be constantly whining about from now on. And it'll be all the fucking time."

"What?"

"You'll be all: 'OMG, Mate is SOOOOO hot!' Or: 'When can we see our maaaaaate? I miiiiisss hiiiimmm soooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuchhhhh!'"

"No, I will so not!"

"Yes, you will."

"No. And for that, I won't help you out as much when you have to go through Heat without him."

"You know that the heat will affect you too, right?"

"Damn it!"

I laughed through our link.

"Yeah, you laugh now. Wait till you find out what his reaction was."

"Go on then."

"OK, well, he was obviously startled by our- I mean, your- actions. Once it had settled in, he mind linked his pack- a really ironic name for them too. and headed straight after us. When Vickie showed up, he was shocked at everything. And angry."