Chapter 12

Chapter 12
The Narrator.

                              Running.

That was all they seemed to do. It was all they could do really. It didn't matter that they were out of breath, or if they were exhausted, they couldn't stop. They would never be able to stop.

The sleet and snow fell hard as they sprinted through rivers of mud and frozen spots of snow. The ice was slippy, Ariel could have slipped on it and fallen- fallen back into the arms of her mate- if she wasn't careful enough. Luckily, she was extremely cautious and continued to run with Vickie through the dying bare trees. The frosted ground crunched underneath their feet, followed by the heavy steps of the hundreds of wolves following them.

Ariel was upset, her wolf- and a small part of herself- was whimpering at the loss of their mate. Accalia was trying to take control, trying to force their way back to Jacob. Key word: trying. Ariel refused to give her the control, she knew what the consequences would be if she turned around and headed straight into her mate's strong arms.

Those beautiful, muscular and sturdy arms... So strong and sexy... The very arms that could hold us up for hours on end... The same arms leading to thick, sexy fingers that could-

Accalia! Keep your horny thoughts to yourself for fuck's sake! Ariel exclaimed.

Accalia remained quiet and shut off the link, annoyed with her human for being so stupid. Stupid. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid! Stupid Ariel doesn't know what she's fucking done because she's just so fucking idiotic!

Golden wolves have it the worst! No other male will do when they go into their heat! It has to be their mate! Their mate needs to be the one comforting them! Their mate needs to be there with them to ensure that they are protected, safe, and so that other males know who the female belongs to and that she is not just a toy in desperate need of help by fucking and using for a one night stand. At least, that's what she had been told by someone very special. Someone very special indeed...

Ariel's mask was loose on her face, the delicate white threads that held it up on her face were torn and falling apart. The feathers and white roses were slightly loose, and the material was blocking her vision, so she tore it off her face and discarded it. It fell like a piece of paper, an aeroplane making it's final and not so gentle landing.

That was not the only problem either.

Ariel's right shoe was slipping off as she ran, the white glimmer of glass sticking in parts of mud and sludge. The strap was becoming loose and would cause more harm than good if it slipped off and caused her to go flying. It also made her movements slower, and even though she was running at her advanced werewolf speed, she would be running at the average speed of a human with the state of this shoe. No more. No less.

Due to it being uncomfortable, she stopped for a second to remove her footwear.

"Stop! Please!" A beautiful voice called. "My precious, wonderful, beautiful mate please stop! Please! I need you my love!"

"Luna! Stop right there!" Others shouted.

"Luna! Please! Our Alpha needs you!" Other members of the pack chimed, desperate to reach out to her and convince her to stop.

"Aurelia! Please stop running from me! I need you desperately my love! Please! I don't want to reje-"

The other wolves howled in agreement, charging at an even faster pace towards her. In the midst of dealing with the adrenaline, she had failed to notice that the voices were getting closer and closer to her. She blocked them out, instead deciding to run until she was finally free from the clutches of a heartbreaking lunatic.