Chapter 54

Chapter 54
The Narrator.

Things can get quite difficult at times for everyone. No matter what, everyone has a difficult point in their life. If you haven't had yours yet, you will at some point.

There are many hardships in life, some of which we suffer, but most we conquer with ease. These hardships can sometimes seem worth the effort, but really they are meaningless in the end. The hardest things in life are often things that come with the best of consequences. Ideally, the more hardships in life you go through, then the better your life has become by the end of it all.

But is this always the case?

Ariel and Jacob have suffered many battles, and the trauma has been intense for the two of them. But one thing is for sure: they always get through it. Whether together or not, they have survived it. They have managed to overcome any obstacle in their path. Actually, Ariel has been able to overcome each obstacle that has been thrown at her, and Jacob has been able to support her through every one of them from the moment that they met all those years ago.

Well, almost every obstacle in their path.

Jacob's coma and his death have been singlehandedly Ariel's greatest challenge yet. She has had to rise up and care for the pack in Jacob's absence, all the while dealing with new revelations about her friends and family at the same time. Oh, and also finishing her education. In fact, a basic part of becoming a Luna is having finished your education (helping all the pack kids with homework, finances, the boring shit etc) and I'm sure such a thing became possible- even for Ariel- with the removal of some certain goblins on the staff at that place.

However, things aren't what they seem: Ariel's story still has a few more chapters left, and there are still many more challenges ahead of her. But I'm not spoiling anything for you. Why would I spoil the rest of her story for you? Why would I spoil the ending of Ariel's story?

Because, ultimately, it is Ariel's story. It's her story of finding love in her mate, of finding the courage in her to speak out against the abuse she was put through. It's her story of how she went from being the rebellious, quiet, abused girl to becoming the leader of the pack that is capable of doing everything and more for those she cares about. It's her development over time, how she is able to rise above the past that once defined her, and how she is capable of becoming the fearless leader she was always destined to be from the beginning.

The Moon Goddess was correct after all it seems...

But... Aren't you forgetting something?

Aren't you forgetting that there are other stories intertwined with hers? That there are others who have stories left to be told? That their hardships are still yet to be told?

Actually, all that I'm really saying is:

Things are definitely gonna get a lot easier for everyone now.

Or are they?

Lexi.

Have you ever wondered what the end of your life will be like? Have you ever thought about what you'll look like this time in fifty years? Sixty years? What do you think you'll have achieved by the time you're ninety (if you even live that long)? Where will you be by the time your life is coming to an end?

I've given my life a lot of thought recently. I mean, I'm only twenty, so at first, it would seem like such a weird thing to think so in-depth about. But then again, you don't exactly know me. You don't know exactly what hardships I've been through and the side effects that have come with those hardships.

You don't understand me. And you might never understand me. But it's my hope that some others will understand me when I tell them the truth.

It is my hope that Jacob survives this. Ariel needs him, and I think she has finally understood how much she needs him. Without Jacob, our Alpha, we don't have as much as you would think. Similar to Dustin's situation- without the full Alpha couple and an heir our pack will crumble.