Chapter 42

Chapter 42
Lexi.

Note: This chapter contains disturbing scenes of self-harm which may upset readers. I warn you to please take caution. There are numbers and people you can talk to. Suicide is not a good option. Please feel free to talk to a professional or just anybody in general. My inbox is always open. Shine on, all of you wonderful people.

A few hours ago...

      "Jake? Jake? Are you alright? Jacob, can you hear me?!" I called out to him, noticing that he was on the ground lying still- lying dead.

Could it really be her? I heard him say through the mind-link.

"Ari? Is that you? I'm so sorry about earlier, I didn't mean anything. I don't accept your rejection, Ari. I love you so much, Ariel. I'll never ever let you go again... I love you... I love you..."

"Jake? It's me. Lexi. Your friend, remember? Not Ariel. I don't know where she is, Jake. She's not here. What happened to you?"

"L-Lexi? W-W-What are y-you doing here?" He stammered, not being able to get any words out.

The agony was too much for him.

I couldn't bear it any longer. I couldn't bear to face any more pain.

Jake could hardly stand, so he slouched against a nearby wall in the desolate corridor. The pain in his heart never ceased, only continuing to ache.

"Jake... The pack all felt what happened. They all felt your pain when Ariel rejected you." Just hearing her name hurt for him. "They all hate Ariel for what she did... They hate their Luna for rejecting their Alpha like that... They want to help you, in their words and not my own: 'Get revenge on her,' whatever that means."

No! No! Don't hurt our mate! I heard Drew wail to Jacob.

"Gather them all up in a pack meeting. I need to explain everything to them," He told me, also probably mind-linking Rob about the situation.

No...

"Do I have to go? I really don't fancy going to a pack meeting." I groaned.

"Yes, you have to go." Yet, he noticed that something seemed a little off. "Why don't you want to go? Is there something wrong?"

I remained silent. I couldn't tell him. Not yet.

I couldn't even tell that person it was about.

Present Time...

         Hello again.

It's been a while, hasn't it? Ever since we last spoke, a lot of things have changed.

Jacob and Ariel had many of their issues... A lot of people have met their mates... There's a lot that's been going on, really.

I've been doing fine.

Mainly.

Well... Sort of alright, I guess.

I... I met my mate. But it's not going as great as you think it is. We have... Some issues.

One of them is that I refuse to see him. I kept my furthest distance from him, hiding away. I used a ring I retrieved from a witch that concealed my scent quite well from him. However, the mate bond struggles to force itself out- sometimes succeeding- when my wolf is feeling super strong.