Chapter 26

Chapter 26
Ariel.

It was, quite literally, fireworks. Sparks... They exploded.

Our kiss, in all honesty, was neither boring nor passionate. It was hot and steamy. It was full to the brim of need and lust. It was fire. Burning hot, wonderful fire. Fuel was added to that fire. Fire that I felt as I kissed him passionately with an unknown desire for the taste that was deep in the caverns of his mouth. This flame had increased to such an intensity that the two of us just couldn't get enough of each other. Jacob's hands moved around my waist, pulling me impossibly closer to him, his touch scorching with heat.

And I wanted to feel the burning he caused when he touched me. The fire that could be felt as he kissed me. I needed the fire so I could be burned by him.

Our tongues tangled together, the sparks increasing as our breaths mingled. We didn't pull away for air once, if we needed to breathe a little we would just kiss around each other's lips and necks until one of us dragged the other's head back up to pull them back into another fiery kiss. My teeth came out at one point and grazed his bottom lip gently, causing him to groan and squeeze my hips a little harder, dragging me to him, his arms caged around me so I couldn't escape. Not that I would, it would be a living nightmare escaping from a kiss like this.

His lips trailed down my ivory-skinned neck, a light trail of pink colour would be left behind. Jacob nipped at my neck slightly before pulling up for air. He smiled at me and I looked down, blushing in return before he gently pulled my chin up. My cheeks were probably a bright pink by now.

"Don't hide your blush. It's so beautiful- just like you are."

Scratch that, they were most likely tomato red now.

"Ariel?" He smiled at me.

He wore a heart-warming smile that made my world brighten weirdly enough. His bright blue eyes were shining like crystals despite the low lighting of the storeroom. He looked me straight in the eye and...

"Would you... Maybe... Um..." His hand scratched the back of his neck, clearly showing that he was extremely nervous. I couldn't seem to understand exactly why, though. "You don't exactly have to do this and I'd like it if you could..."

"Yes, Jacob?" I gave him a small smile, encouraging him to go on.

"Would you maybe go on a date with me?"

Accalia went mental at that point.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG HE JUST ASKED US OUT! OH MY LORD! SAY YES SAY YES! OMG! YES YES YES YES YES! IF YOU DON'T SAY YES THEN I'LL TAKE OVER AND SAY IT FOR YOU!

She continued chanting in my head, never actually shutting up for one second. She was so excited, and to be honest, so was I. I was silent for a little while, processing the information in my head. A little while that a look of worry filled his face, as if he thought I would say no. Then, I said:

"Yes, Jacob. I would love to go on a date with you!" I agreed to his proposal. I mean, how could I not? He is gorgeous, perfect, and now he is all mine.

For now, that doubtful voice of mine chimed. It had always been there, there'd be no getting rid of it.

He kissed me again. Slow, soft and sweet. Everything that a kiss should be. Simple. Sugary. Chaste. Absolutely perfect. No words could describe how perfect his kisses were, how great it felt to feel the sparks of the mate bond.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He repeated his thanks to me, lifting me in the air and spinning me around with ease.

For the first time in a long time, I smiled out of true joy.