Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Ariel.

                               Within a short amount of time, Vickie and I had reached my carriage after having lost the wolves. For some reason, they had stopped trailing after us. Relief filled me, but I was still slightly worried that they could show up at any moment to take me and Vickie away. Take me away to my mate- which was kind of the last place I wanted to be right now.

The shadows of the trees haunted me, the snow balancing on top of their branches, threatening to fall and trap me, and then alert Jacob so he could steal me away. The air was bitter, a small mist enshrouding us in a cloud the same way Jacob's arms would've comforted me if I lived a more normal life like most other couples.

Don't get me wrong, I had always wanted a mate and everything despite having no connection to one, and I am extremely grateful for having one, but I just couldn't be with him at the moment. If he knew of my current situation, if he knew about my past, he would reject me within a heartbeat. It didn't matter if he was an Alpha or not, he could just as easily find a replacement. He probably already had a backup waiting at home for him. She was just waiting for the day when he would come home to her, to mark her as his, to finish the mating process and become pregnant with many of his pups after her first heat.

Accalia's anger coursed through my veins at the thought of another female with our rightful mate. Just the thought of her being in his presence, breathing in his intoxicating chocolate popcorn scent, touching him, drove Accalia insane. She didn't want anyone else being near their mate- just her and Ariel.  If anyone dared to go to hear him in any sort of way, she would rip their throats out with no shame at all. She wanted to will Ariel and force her to go back to their mate, but knew her stupid human would overpower her very easily. Way too easy.

Anyways...

Vickie opened the door for me and I hopped in swiftly. I looked out into the hole where a window should have been placed, but mysteriously wasn't, and we said our unfortunate farewells.

"Goodbye Vickie, and thank you for your help. I wouldn't have gotten far at all without you, thank you so much."

"It's not a problem. I was just helping an old friend's friend."

We hugged for a few seconds, our embrace similar to that of two sisters glad to see each other once more after so long.

"Wait! Vickie!"

She was slowly walking away from me, stripping down to shift as she did so.

On her back, though, I noticed something rather odd.

It was a tribal symbol, large, pitch black like a tattoo. The tattoo was a fox, and it looked like it was eating some sort of wolf. The fox was a vibrant red, it's eyes were a similar malicious blood red of anger and hatred. the wolf was pitch black and looked to be in pain from the fox's bite. In cursive handwriting underneath the horrifying image, was the word Napranos.

"Weird much, hey? What does 'Napranos' mean?" Accalia questioned me.

But I ignored it and proceeded to ask my question.

"How exactly do you know Amethyst?!" I wanted to know, so I was certain that the subject was easy to talk about with her. I didn't want to upset her in any way.

But she didn't answer me, for she had ran and shifted before I knew the truth...

Two Weeks Later...

Come on! Come on!

Just three more hours, and then I would be free. Free from a Fuck it Friday- in my opinion, the worst day of the week. It's when people misbehave so badly, that everyone stays behind making the select few goodies want to kill them. Even though it wouldn't exactly be the worst thing in the world, I still don't like school. It's shit now that the devils have extended the hours by an extra one! Another hour with the cranky beast of an ogre Mrs. James!