Chapter 55

Chapter 55
Jacob.

God, my eyes feel like they've been glued shut.

And to top that off, I could only move one of my arms as well.

Where the heck is the other one?

And once I managed to prise my eyes open, I quickly saw where I was.

A hospital room.

And right next time me, a familiar girl with black hair sprawled everywhere was leaning on my other arm.

Ariel.

My beautiful mate had managed to survive all of this mess in the end.

She was here. She was with me.

I couldn't help it. I couldn't help but cry with joy that my mate was here by my side and seemingly well.

"Hi there. How are you feeling? ...You've been out for a while. We worried a lot about you."

I looked at Ariel.

"Especially her. You probably won't get a peep out of her for a while, so I better explain everything you need to know."

I just nodded, unable to say anything more.

"It's been two years since you went into a coma. Our pack won the battle and Luna Ariel has been leading us with the help of the Beta and your parents..."

I blanked out for the rest of it, staring in awe at my mate. She had dealt with so much and I felt incredibly sorry for her. I also felt insanely proud for leading our pack and still coming here every day to see me, even if she never got to hold me as she wanted.

"I better leave Alpha. It looks like our Luna is waking up. I'll come to check on you soon."

"Thank you," my voice was hoarse when I spoke.

Shortly after she left, Ariel woke up. She rubbed her eyes, yawning and stretching. With her off my arm, I managed to move it around a bit.

And that's what shocked her.

She looked down at my arm, then at my face. Then repeated. Twice.

"Oh my God..." She began to cry.

"Hey there," was all I could manage.

"JAKE?!" She threw herself into my arms, burying her head into my shoulder and crying out of happiness and relief.

"Yeah it's me, Ari. I'm here. I'm here baby girl." I began to cry too.

We lay like that, even when members of my family came in. It was such a relief to see everyone was okay. Including that my mother was out and about. They were all happy to see me, and continuously praised Ariel for her great work as a Luna despite me being in a coma.

Rob and Lexi soon followed, and I was beyond happy to see they had mated. The two of them deserved so much happiness, and I'm glad they found it in each other as mates.

We were all happy, and Rob soon left to check something with the pack. I asked him to give me a few updates here and there, and he proceeded to tell me he would conduct a meeting later that day to announce that I was awake. The whole pack had been on edge, so it would be good for them to have something to celebrate.

Everything was fine. A part of me wished I hadn't been away for so long, but I knew everything would be okay.

It was fine until that motherfucker Jackson came in. But for some reason, he was crying his eyes out.