Chapter 56

Chapter 56
Jacob.

A few months later...

Man, I am so nervous.

The past few months have been a total blur. Ariel and I are now fully mated and we love every single second of it. Though some of our friends haven't been too thrilled about it. We were officially inaugurated as Luna and Alpha of the pack a month ago, and it's been amazing. Ari is such a great Luna, and I'm lucky to have her as mine.

Speaking of making her mine...

I think it's the perfect time for me to propose.

I had everything set up and ready. The only thing I needed was Ariel.

If she didn't kill me first...

Ariel.

"Ariel! Come on!" Lexi shouted to me.

The damn girl had been running a lot and she wouldn't even slow down.

"Lexi! Wait up!"

Apparently, there had been an emergency with some of the kids in the pack. So Lexi informed me immediately and was taking me there.

"Luna! Luna! Help us!" One of the kids cried.

I eventually reached where the kids were and I was immediately shocked at what I saw. 

We had little coves that kids could go in and explore and they were used for training wolves to be aware of their surroundings. 

But the problem was... A boulder had blocked an entrance to one of the coves up.

"Luna!!!" One of the kids screamed and ran to me.

"Hey, Clarisse. It's gonna be okay." I held her in my arms for a moment.

God, I'd love to have kids one day. Accalia sighed.

"Clarisse, I need you to tell me who else is in there. Can you do that for me?"

She sniffled and nodded her head, proceeding to tell me that a few of the girls and two boys were in there. Luckily, they weren't harmed.

"Luna, we can't move the boulder on our own." Two of the females- the strongest soldiers in the pack- came to me.

Shit.

But there was one person who could help us. And one question on my mind.

"Where the hell is my damn mate? And why hasn't he come here yet?!"

"He's at the lake, Luna." One of the warriors told me instantly.

"Stay here. I'll go drag him by his ear and kick his furry butt once he's helped the members of our pack out." I had to censor my language, but it made some of the kids laugh.

I raced to the lake, prepared to kick Jake's ass for not paying attention to our pack. I slowed when I reached the lake, confused as I saw candles and rose petals leading me on the same path we had taken on our first date.

I swear to God I'll kill him if this is an effort to sleep with me again...

I could hear the gentle sounds of a guitar strumming and someone singing along. I couldn't exactly hear them as I was further away.

But as I got closer and closer, I was able to identify what was being sung and who was singing it.

Jacob.