Chapter 15

Chapter 15
Isabella.

I am Isabella.

You have met me once before, but now things are slightly different from how they were a few months ago.

My mate is Mason Clarke, and ironic to him, he is a blacksmith and wood carver learning his trade in an apprenticeship. We met two years ago for the first time and we have had the best relationship ever since. I am six months pregnant, and I have less than a month left until the baby arrives.

Most people hate being pregnant, but me? I love it! It's so nice to know that you are helping a human be brought to life. I think it's fascinating, I wish I could be pregnant more often.

But I don't want to have too many children. Maybe I could be a surrogate for someone? That would be amazing to give someone some happiness like that.

I was meeting my sister Ariel this afternoon to discuss some things like how her new school is and such. I haven't seen her since a few days before Christmas and The Alpha's Ball.

"Isabella!"

I turned around, basket in hand, slightly jogging to hug my sister. She embraced me, and we greeted each other with smiles on our faces. My dearest sister was in awe of how far along I was, so we talked about several things before getting on to a certain topic or two.

"So, Ari, how have you been? How's school? You know, after the fire and everything?"

"It's good. Some of the pack are welcoming, but the others just pretend that we're not there and ignore our existence. As we expected. We are outsiders after all."

"That's good." I sighed, mentally preparing myself for the next question. "So, how was The Alpha's Ball? I don't think I saw you there. Did you even go?"

"Yes, I did go. It was rather... Interesting."

"Really? How so? I'm glad you went anyways. But how was it interesting? It's just a ball really. Quite boring, if you ask me."

She mumbled something under her breath that even werewolves couldn't hear with their excellent hearing if they tried.

"What?" I couldn't understand her.

"I found my mate." She whispered.

SHE WHAT?!

"YOU WHAT?!" I exclaimed a little louder than normal. Hey, I can't help it! I am pregnant after all!

Some onlookers gave us a few confused glances. Well, it's not everyday that a pregnant woman screams at a younger girl in public. We pregnant women do try to keep our emotions in check, even if we are carrying a five pound baby.

"I found my mate, okay? It's not like it's a big deal or anything."

"Woah, hang on." I stopped her with my spare hand. "You found your mate after so long and you say it's not a big deal? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Nothing. I'm not bothered by it. He's my mate, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less."

"But Ari, that's amazing! You can finally find happiness!"

"But it's not as amazing as you think Is."

"Oh, and why not?"

She then explained the horrific truth to me.

How? How could she run from her mate like that? That isn't fair! It's not fair on any of them! Oh him! On his- well, their- pack! On her! What went through her mind to make her believe that was okay?! Is she fucking crazy or something?! You know what, don't even answer that. She probably is.