Chapter 23

Chapter 23
Amethyst.

                       Everything had been hectic recently.

I had been planning so much and I had done a lot of it in the matter of a few days too. It was almost ready. It was almost time. Just a few more weeks, and then it would be over. I would be gone. Hopefully, it wouldn't be for good. I would be able to come back, one day.

One day.

One day when things were finally safe, if they did turn out to be that way, I would return. It was hard to believe that this would be my last Masquerade for a little while. Just a while until I would be at another event like this. Just little while until I got to be around this many people again.

No one would suspect a thing. No one would.

No one.

Until...

A face I never thought I'd have to see again appeared out of nowhere, immediately stopping the party. The thing or creature wore a red and black attire, a dark skeleton mask upon their face. With the type of personality the creature had, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire 'costume' was made out of real people and animals.

Rogue.

I was terrified, I hadn't seen this certain rogue in years. Many years. It's been so long. Why is he here? I haven't seen him since then. Not since the...

No.

I can't talk about it now. It's still hard to speak about. It's only been almost 6 years, but it feels like it was yesterday. It always feels like it was yesterday. That day I was 16... The nightmares don't help. They make everything much worse. They make me constantly question if I'm in a dream or if I'm in reality.

I may be eighteen, but you stop aging or the aging process slows down until you meet your mate. I would be twenty-four, but because of events...

"Well. Hello, there ladies and gentlemen! How are we all on this fine, wonderful evening? I must say that I LOVE these decorations, but it's not as great as I would be able to create. I hope we are all feeling fine at the moment. I am not feeling fine and I shall explain why later on in this announcement."

Everyone was silent.

Everything had stopped moving. Nobody talked. Nobody moved. The guards didn't do anything. They knew exactly what this creature was, they knew very well that they didn't stand a chance against it. Not right now. Maybe not ever.

Sounds familiar...

"Anyways... I won't disrupt your wonderful party for too long. I just came to ask you for something. Something very important."

Oh no. Not this again...

"As some of you may have heard, there is a legend of a wolf called Amethyst Gray. She was the only survivor of a rogue attack on all of the Australian packs. Her family and pack were killed- she was the only remaining survivor. She fled away, and the rogue pack's Alpha was her true mate.

"I am that very Rogue Alpha and Amethyst Gray is actually a real person."

Gasps flooded the room.

Jesus, it's not a courtroom drama, my wolf piped in.

Long time no see, Amelie. My wolf and I don't talk much anymore because of what happened...

"I have been on a search for my mate Amethyst Gray for eight years and have had no luck so far. I miss her terribly. I need my mate by my side. There has been no luck, but there are rumors stating that she could be here. In one of these packs. As someone you know. As someone you protect."