Chapter 57

Chapter 57

The Narrator.

Today was the day.

One of the most important days of their lives:

The day that #Jariel tied the knot was widely celebrated throughout the pack. Of course, why wouldn't they? Everyone loves them! And the ones that don't love them, well...

They're dead for a reason, of course.

"Are you ready to go, Ariel?" A voice made her turn her head.

Her stepfather stood in a tux. Their relationship had improved greatly over the years, and Ariel was happy to have him in her life.

"Yeah. I'm ready." She stood and smoothed down her dress, checking one more time in the mirror that her hair and makeup looked good.

She was beyond nervous, but she was ready for this step. She had been ever since he'd proposed.

"You look beautiful, Ariel," he kissed her cheek, holding out his arm for her to link with.

"Thank you."

And together they walked out, Ariel impatient to see her mate after hours of waiting.

Lexi was the maid of honour. And obviously, Rob was the best man. They had just walked up the altar where Jacob was already waiting.

Jacob and Drew were anxious. They had spent eighteen hours and fifty-two minutes (and counting) without seeing their mate in any way. They hadn't even held her in their arms or seen her beautiful face and it was driving the two of them insane.

The doors opened, and everyone stood, anxious to see the beautiful bride. They all gasped, seeing the difference from how she usually looked.

Ariel took a deep breath.

And on Stephen's arm, she stepped carefully down the aisle.

Ariel had asked Stephen to give her away. Of course, he was more like a father figure to her now that Freya was gone, so it only seemed fitting that he should give her away. He was very happy to, and he had only wished for her to be happy like so many of her friends and family before that.

Jacob had his back turned to her to give himself a surprise for when he first saw her, so when he finally turned...

Holy shit. She looks so beautiful.

He smiled. Then he began crying when she smiled back at him. He couldn't help it. She was a total angel. She continued to walk to him, giggling at his tears.

Let's put it this way: the bride looked stunning. Her dress was long and silky, the elements of gold shining out in the white lights of the chapel. Her veil trailed behind her, pinned elegantly in her hair. Her makeup was light, and her hair had been plaited on the top of her head with white flowers pinned into it. A few strands of her hair were curled and framed her beautiful face.

Her heels, of course, were made of glass as they should be.

But she wouldn't be running today, especially when she made it to that alter.

"Hi," she smiled breathlessly.

"Hi," he sniffled. "Oh, my God... You look so beautiful."

"Thank you. Damn, don't you look gorgeous."