Chapter 47

Chapter 47
Jacob.

                           I was released from the prison and the bunker within a short amount of time, as Freya had dragged me out of it painfully by my arm. The thumping around me was loud, almost deafening. A certain smell entered my nostrils, my face pulling in disgust at the pungent smell. I couldn't stand it, it made me sick to my stomach.

Rogues.

Hundred of them. Thousands of them. All marching at the same pace. All marching towards one goal: War.

It was in that moment that I missed Ariel terribly. I couldn't wait to be back with her, holding her in my arms and finally mating with her like I desperately wanted to. Taking away all of her pain and proclaiming his undying love for her.

But first...

There was a war to be won.

This is where it all finally ends. Once and for all. Nothing can predict what is to happen next. This ends once and for all...

The Narrator.

Death filled the air.

Minutes, hours had passed. Jacob could not tell how long it had been. The packs had gathered, wolves of many ages, sizes and ranks fighting for several things.

It was the murder city, with thousands of unidentified bodies littering the grass like an overflowing rubbish bin.

But amidst that...

A wolf headed to Isaac's body, whining softly, begging for him to wake up or make any movements. Yet, there was nothing. No sounds, no movements- nothing that signaled he was alive.

He was dead. And very few things could bring him back.

So, using their strong powers and taking up a lot of their energy, the wolf brought him back to life.

They were mates, so there were some pros and cons to the healing of his injuries.

His mate whined, nuzzling their neck into his, familiarizing with his scent. They prayed for their mate to stir, to show that he really was okay. He eventually stirred, causing the wolf great cheer and happiness.

The wolf barked in happiness at this movement, showing that Isaac wasn't too far gone to be saved. That factor would have caused great grief, sadness, and depression for the wolf. Without him, the wolf would be alone, left to wander the world lifeless and incomplete.

But the wolf had to go before Isaac caught them and things would be messed up.

She would come back to him, this she had promised him a long time ago.

Ashley.

      At last, I finally knew who my mate was. I had waited long enough, and I finally knew who it was.

But I needed to finish something else first before I did anything else- anything else being something like being with my mate in any way.