One

May 26th, 2020 (Kanye for president)

Five years later.

Jack and I got married the summer after my sophomore year of college and it was so amazing. There was a lot of people. I didn't know a lot of them because they all just knew Jack and his family.

Sam did end up going which wasn't awkward at all. Johnson was Jack's best man and that doesn't surprise me at all. Alyssa was my maid of honor and it was just an overall great wedding.

I remember the reverend telling Jack that he may 'kiss the bride' and us quoting our wedding vows. I swear Jack's eyes go watery and that day was the first day I ever saw him cry.

We honeymooned in Saint Tropez for three weeks, but after that, Jack's just been busy. I can't blame him for that. His company is still going strong and I have a feeling that it will be a huge success during the future.

Because he is never around and always avoids me, I feel like he's fallen out of love. It's been only four years though, so I can't really assume. He wasn't even her for our son, Peyton's, first steps. It upsets me just a little.

As I watch Peyton play with his toys in the living room, I hear Jack come in from the garage. He sets his keys in the counter and he looks really tired. I'm tired too. I have a child to take care of and I usually do it alone. I'll just ask him for this one thing.

"Can you go get Peyton's snack in the kitchen?" I ask Jack.

He runs his hand through his hair, "I'm tired. I'm going to bed." Is all he says.

Anger rushes through my veins. This is the first time I've ever asked him to help me with Peyton.

"Were you with your mistress?" I decide to push his buttons.

He could be cheating on me. Who even works this late every single day? He's the CEO, he barely needs to be there. Jack turns around, gaping at me with complete shock.

"What?" He breathes.

"You heard me." I say.

He narrows his eyes, "you think I'd cheat on you?"

I shrug my shoulders, putting my attention back at Peyton, who's wobbling toward me. He's just beginning to walk everywhere. His first steps were a week and a half ago.

"You want me to get his stupid fucking snack? I'll go get it." He seethes before heading off into the kitchen.

He seems so unhappy now whenever he's with me. My mind traces back to the day Peyton was born.

"He has your eyebrows." I laugh.

Jack cradles him in his arms, "that's a good thing. You'll get he ladies this way, little man, but make sure you don't date at an early age. Last one to keep their virginity wins."

I smile towards him as he plays with his tiny hands.

"Says the one who used to pay to have sex."

Jack shakes his head, chuckling. I observe Jack and our little boy. This is another big step for the both of us. Having our own family. I hate making Jack wait this long for a baby.

I knew he wanted one while we were twenty, now we're twenty four, that's a long time. My eyes become heavy and sleep takes over me quickly.

"Jack, you don't have to get it." I call out, grabbing Peyton to put him to bed.

I walk toward the kitchen with him on my hip and see Jack cracking a beer bottle open. He takes a swig whilst making eye contact with me. Fair enough. He might just be under a lot of stress.

I shake him off, taking Peyton up to his room. The flights of stairs isn't as easy to go up as they were six years ago. The first time I ever stepped foot into his house. That was when things weren't so tense.

I change Peyton into some new pajamas and set him inside of his blue crib. I curls up immediately, closing his eyes. I decide to hand his tiny laundry because I don't want to face Jack just yet.

My eyes start to close in deep sleep as I fold the clothing. My eyes jolt open and I'm startled when I feel a pair of arms around me.

"It's okay. It's just me." Jack whispers into my ear.

"Sorry." I shake my head. "I was about to fall asleep in here."

"Let's tuck you to bed now. I'll finish folding his clothes for you. I know I don't help as much as I should."

"Thank you, Jack." I peck his cheek, forgetting about our little argument earlier.

He grabs my hand, taking me into our bedroom.

"Can you forgive me first?" He hesitantly asks. "So I know that we're on good terms."

"I forgive you."

"I am not cheating on you, by the way." He emphasizes.

"I know. I just said it and I don't know why." I shrug my shoulders. "You seem unhappy whenever you're with me."

"Hey, hey, hey." He stops me and places his hands on my hips. "That's not true. You're the only person who can make me the happiest besides our little boy."

I nod my head, pursing my lips, "okay." I quietly say.

"Come on, babygirl. You make me so happy. There's no doubt about it." He squeezes my sides, leaning in to kiss me.

He places a tender kiss on my lips, filled with so much emotion and passion. I'm beginning to wonder why I ever thought he was unhappy.

{vote, comment, share}