Twenty Four

August 2nd, 2020

"Thanks for watching him." I say to my mom, while handing her Peyton.

"No problem. You know I love watching this little ball of energy." She smiles kindly at me, holding him on her hip. "What are you doing today?"

"I was hoping to go visit some friends. Johnson, Sam, Lyss, Dominic, and the others." I shrug.

"Have fun." She tells me. "But not too much and keep my future grandchild safe." She adds, eyeing my stomach.

"I will, mom." I peck her cheek quickly and then say my farewell.

I try to get away from her as fast as possible. I don't question her about my dad and I still haven't told her about the whole Jack situation and I don't plan on telling her because things will get super messy.

What am I supposed to say? 'My husband cheated on me and I'm fine now'? She would literally personally execute him herself.

Not keeping my words, I head back home to take a nap. All of my friends are busy anyway. I'll just set up a giant dinner later this week. Jack visited the office today, which brings pain and ache to my heart.

I'm never going to visit him at work again. Why is it the only time I surprise him, I catch him cheating on me? He was probably doing it every time he visited the office.

I still hate myself for sticking around. He threatened me and I couldn't risk losing my children. If I were to try and leave again, he'd have me hunted down once more.

Jack would be completely fine if I left him. He's probably not hurting as bad as I am.

*

"Wake up, baby." I feel the shaking on my shoulders, making my eyelids open a little.

I've only gotten to take a half an hour long nap. I groan, coming face to face with Jack. I shove my hand in his face and a deep chuckle release from his lips.

"Go away, you uncultured swine." I mutter, shoving my head deeper into the pillow.

Keep in mind that Jack lived by his words. He really hasn't let me out of his sight and I haven't been able to deal with Michael. I've just been sleeping pretty much.

"I made you food." He tells me and confusion floods over me.

"You can't and never cook." I murmur quietly.

"I know." He whispers. "But I've been learning. Someone's gotta keep our child fed and alive."

Wow. Making me feel like a bad mom! Which I probably am on everyone's eyes. The thought makes me sigh in exasperation.

"So." He drags out. "Get up and eat."

"You're trying to make me chubby." I huff.

"No, I'm trying to make our baby chubby." He corrects me and declares.

When I refuse to move, he scoops me up in his muscular arms and I don't fight back. I've stopped fighting back because it's pointless. I've just stuck to being distant. After going down many flights of stairs, he sets me on a barstool.

"I have prepared spaghetti and meatballs." He feigns an Italian accent. "Because that's all you ever eat."

"Thanks." I quietly say, looking down at the giant pile.

I glare up at him and he stifles a laugh. This is like four servings on a one serving sized plate. When I go to pick up my utensil off of the white paper napkin, I spot my wedding ring shining brightly at it.

"What's this doing here?" I ask, picking it up just to set it further away from me.

"I want you to wear it again." He tells me, his voice soft and cautious with a bit of strain.

"You're funny." I snort, still avoiding eye contact.

I twirl my fork into the pasta and take the first bite. I can almost immediately tell that this is takeout, but I keep my mouth shut to minimize as much conversion as possible. He brings me over a glass of water and drops a vitamin tablet into it.

I still don't make any type of eye contact with him. I hear a long sigh escape from his lips and he walks around the table so he's across from me. I watch as his fingertips drift across the marble to the ring and he picks it up.

"Wear it, please." He begs.

I shake my head and childishly say, "I'm good."

"You're so stubborn." He groans, giving up.

"It's not that I'm stubborn." I tell him. "I just can't wear it. I'm single in my head."

"Don't say that."

I roll my eyes like a child and continue eating my food. Jack leaves me alone for a short momenta and during that moment, I felt peaceful. Nothing was bothering me and I felt so content, but then he returned again.

"Open." He tells me, sliding a white envelope toward me.

My eyebrows pull together, "if it's a birthday gift and/or useless, I don't want it." I push it back.

"Just open it, Camila. You're so damn difficult and it's starting to annoy me." He tells me, anger laced in his voice.

I sink in my seat, gently grabbing the white paper envelope. His eyes don't leave me as I tear open the packaging. Inside, there are two plane tickets and I don't bother reading the destination.

I set it back on the table as my heart starts to pump faster. What the hell is this supposed to mean? The last thing I'm going to do is leave the states with Jack.

"That's nice." I try to hide my surprise. "You and Peyton can both take a vacation."

"... It's for us."

{vote, comment, share}

A/N:

@ everyone commenting "she's being childish, just go back to jack" or "stop being such a bitch" pls think to yourself. would you easily go back to someone who cheated on you.