Twenty Five

August 2nd, 2020

I shake my head, "no. I'm not going."

As predicted, Jack lets out a deep and long sigh. He's exasperated with my attitude, I can tell, but I don't care.

"Come on, Camila. Your parents can watch Peyton and it'll only be two weeks." He informs me.

My eyes bulge, "two weeks? You expect me to go two weeks without my son? Are you insane?" I ask.

"Two weeks to Dubai." He tells me. "And after, if you still hate me-"

"Is that even a question. I will always hate you." I strongly emphasize.

"After the vacation, if you still hate me, I'll leave you alone." He stares at me and I can't stand being under his intense eye contact.

I squirm in my seat, "money isn't always the answer, Jack. What I wanted was love and not all of these add ons and what do I receive? A cheating husband who tries to buy me off. This. Marriage. Is. Unhealthy." I enunciate each word carefully.

"You don't think I know that?" His eyebrows pulls together.

"You sure act like you have no idea." I reply.

At this point, I've stopped eating and now we're just talking. No part of me wants to give in right now.

"We're leaving tomorrow." He grits. "Be packed and ready. If you refuse to go, I'll drag you to the airport."

I open my mouth to say something, but with that, he leaves me stunned and super confused. Do I even have a choice right now?

August 3rd, 2020

I sit in the airplane and there's about ten minutes left of the flight. I haven't said a single word to Jack and I don't think I'll utter anything to him the entire vacation.

The entire flight, I slept and ate. There's not much to do when you're flying 14 hours straight. We flew from California, to New York and then to Dubai.

I'll buy my own stuff and do my own thing. Whether he follows along or not. So I don't have to speak with him and if he wants to take me places, I won't object. I won't talk at all.

Player sounds through my earbuds and I look over to my right toward Jack. His eyebrows are tightly knitted together as he practically slams the hell out of his laptop keyboard.

I take a little peek over and he's sending emails to people. Not surprising at all. I glance at his left hand and his wedding band shine brightly, causing me to roll my eyes. Won't people question why I don't have mine on?

I get out of his business and look out of the airplane window. I see that were flying through the clouds and I smile to myself a little. It feels super peaceful. No crying babies or loud talking people on this airplane.

The flight quickly is over and everyone starts to exit the plane. I grab my purse, the one I got from Jack on my birthday, and he takes out luggage out of the carry on. His muscles flex as he does so and I tear my eyes away from the sight.

The only difference now is that my panties don't pool when I see his muscles flex.

"There's a cab waiting outside for us." Jack's low voice tells me. "It's gonna take us to a car rental place. You can choose the car we rent."

I don't reply and bite my top lip. Why would we need to rent a car? The airport is packed with many people and I feel Jack's hand tightly grab mine as we get past everyone. I try to pull it away, but he doesn't let me.

Maybe he doesn't want to lose me. Ha, the irony.

I can't say that I'm not excited because I've never been to Dubai. Of course I'm excited and pumped for this. Just not with the person I'm here with. When we step outside and haul our things into the cab, I can't help but look around at all the beauty.

Palm trees and cars. Wow, a rich mans dream. There's a sports car everywhere you look. I shake my head slightly, dismissing the thought and get into the back of the cab with Jack. Jack gives the driver the information.

"Are you guys here on vacation?" The cab driver asks and Jack replies.

"Yes."

"Honeymoon?"

I shake my head and answer before Jack can, "no. We're just here."

"That's sweet." He smiles fondly and I fight the urge to tell him about my personal life.

It's not sweet if you actually know why we were here. We drive a few more minutes until we make it to the car rental. Jack pays the driver and thanks him. My eyebrows knit together, when did he get dirhams? (Currency in the U.A.E.)

We roll our luggage into the nice building and a man greets us right away. We both follow him.

"Have you guys thought about which kind of car you'd like to rent today?" He asks us.

Jack shakes his head, "no, but my wife will choose."

He nods and hands us the pamphlet, "letting the lady choose. What a gentleman, huh?" He asks more pointedly toward me and I purse my lips together.

We both opt for a Porsche and Jack gets his name and information written down. That's a lot of money to be renting it for two weeks straight. After the short procedure, I'm spent from standing and exhausted from the plane flight.

Jet lag is really getting to me, but what can I do about it? Jack gets handed the keys to the vehicle and we are told that it'll be outside for us. The sleek black car stares back at us. It's beautiful.

"Are you going to stand there all day?" Jack cuts me from my gaping and he has a little smile on his face.

Jack loads our luggage into the trunk and he gets into the drivers side as I get into the passenger side. He produces a black velvet box from his pocket and hands it to me. I snatch it from his hands, huffing like a little child.

I already know what it is. My wedding ring. With an expressionless face, I angrily slip it onto my ring finger.

"Do you just want to sleep for the rest of the day? It's 4 pm here." He tells me and I nod, remaining mute.

Jack parks in front of the amazing hotel which looks like reflective glass. Everything here is so breathtaking. Well, where we're staying at least. We get checked in and Jack had already done this in advanced.

A bell boy brings our bags up to our hotel suite and I don't know why he is. All I have is a suitcase and my purse and all Jack has is his suitcase and a backpack.

"Thank you." I give the young man a smile and he smiles back.

"You're welcome."

I look over to Jack who's unlocking the door with his jaw tightly clenched. Seems to me like he's not pleased with me smiling to the bell boy.

The hotel suite is breathtaking itself. There's two champagne bottles in a tin ice bin, but sadly, I can't drink. There's also rose petals scattered onto the bed in the shape of a hear.

Jack must've told them that we were on our honeymoon.

{vote, comment, share}

the next chapters will be on their 'vacation' and sorry if this chapter is rushed.