Six

June 19th, 2020

After the appointment, Jack returned back to work and I went to Sam's place to pick Peyton up. My baby boy was sleeping, so I just decided to discuss things with Sam.

I've learned to trust him again, obviously. He takes care of my child all of the time. I told him about the conversation at the hospital

"Maybe you should consider having another baby. Jack probably really wants one."

"But it'll put so much pressure on me, Sam. I can't do it." I whine.

"I'll help you when Jack's not around." He tries to comfort me.

"And have my second baby call you dad?" I ask and Sam smiles, letting out a chuckle.

"You know what I'm trying to say." He tells me.

"I don't want you to feel obligated." I quickly speak and he glares at me.

"You have half of the amount of eggs that everyone else does. It's now or never."

"I hate you Sam Wilkinson." I narrow my eyes at him and he laughs again.

"I know you do."

My lips curl into a smile, "thank you again for taking care of Peyton."

"No worries. I love that little guy."

"He seems to love you too." I smile fondly at the thought. "You're good with kids, I'm surprised."

"So am I. Being the youngest in my family, I couldn't really take care of any children."

"I feel like a proud best friend. You've matured so much these past five years." I mess up his blonde hair.

He's always stuck to redoing his roots and hasn't gone back to brown once. It's amazing how consistent he is with his hair.

"So have you. You have a child now for gods sake." Sam says. "You and Johnson are the most mature people I know."

"Oh yeah, speaking of Johnson, how is it? You know, with Rachel moving in."

"It's good. She cooks for us and cleans-"

"Hey, she's J's girlfriend, not a maid." I lift my finger up.

Sam chuckles, "I know, but I'm not complaining or labeling. They're very quiet when they have sex too, so another bonus."

"He's 26 and about to be tied down. Are you going to be any time soon?" I ask.

"Not sure." He shrugs his shoulders. "I'm just gonna see where everything goes, you know?"

"You need your free time. Go to a club to something tonight. I promise I won't make you babysit Peyton anymore." I bite the inside of my cheek.

Nate's been rather busy lately too. With his girlfriend and everything.

"It's not making me if I'm willing to watch your child." He smiles, his dimple deepening.

My phone starts to ring in my purse and I fish it out, groaning at the caller ID. What does he want. I excuse myself from Sam and step down the hall to answer the call.

"Look, Camila, I don't want to fight again. I was just wondering if you've made a decision."

I suck in a breath, "yes, I have."

"What is it?" He nervously asks.

"We'll have another baby."

"Really?" I hear his voice lift on the other line and it melts my heart to hear him.

"Yes. Sam's going to help when you're not here."

"No, no, no." Jack rushes. "I'm going to be there every second of the day. I'll just have a quick meeting and discuss things over with my staff. I can do everything online. It is 2020."

"Okay, I guess we'll try and see if that works." I bite my top lip.

"It will."

June 20th, 2020

I feel a kiss being placed on my temple and my eyes open a little. I see the clock and it's 1:35 in the morning. I squint my eyes and look at the figure on top of me in push up position.

"Hi, baby. I just got home." Jack tells me and he smells so clean.

Not like alcohol this time.

"I don't want to have sex right now, go to sleep." I say and the bottom of his tie tickles my neck.

"I didn't wake you to have sex, I just wanted to tell you that I'm home and I did it. I talked everything out and they'll let me do everything from my home office. Of course I'm going to have to make an appearance at least once a week at the companies."

"That's nice, babe." I put my hand in his face. "Go to sleep, now."

"Okay, we'll talk more in the morning." He whispers, kissing my temple again and then my lips quickly.

I shut my eyes once more and try to fall asleep again. Soon enough, I feel those familiar and muscular arms around me. The ones I've missed so much.

*

"Good morning my beautiful and wonderful wife." Jack smirks at me as I walk into the kitchen.

He's made breakfast and he got Peyton all dressed up. He's sitting in his high chair, munching on pancakes.

"What's all of this for?" I ask him, strutting towards him.

"Apology breakfast?" He murmurs, grabbing my waist when I'm close enough to him.

He leans down to connect our lips briefly and I kiss him back with just as much force. I can't stay mad at Jack for long. I love him too much.

"You should get some more sleep. You came home at like 1:30 last night." I tell Jack.

"I'm energized, baby girl." He smiles, kissing me once again. "So, when are we going to try for another one?" He squeezes my hips.

"I don't ovulate for another week or so." I tell him.

"So are we gonna have sex during your period because I'm totally fine with-"

"You're so disgusting." I laugh, pushing him away from me.

"I was just being curious." He responds.

I sit down across the table from Peyton and Jack brings me a glass of orange juice and one for himself. He also brings us both well prepared breakfast.

"I thought you didn't know how to cook?" I say.

"Well, I've been a dad for a year now. I had to learn." He shrugs.

"Thank you for this, I love you."

"I love you so much more."

Day one of him actually trying starts now.

{vote, comment, share}