Three

I'm going to be doing a lot of time skips in this book, be aware and not everything is going to run smoothly.

June 12th, 2020

Jack and I have been trying to get me pregnant literally everyday these past two weeks. I'm worn out and we both feel like we're not trying hard enough, or there could be something wrong with me.

I'm not sure and I'm nervous because Jack is making me go see a doctor. I don't want to. Especially if it's bad news, but I'll never know unless I get checked up. Jack squeezes my hand as we see a doctor in scrubs walk out into the waiting room.

"Camila Gilinsky?" She calls out and I stand up with Jack.

She gives us a brief smile and I see her eyeing Jack a little too long. I make eye contact with Jack for a second and he starts walking forward, following the doctor into the tiny and sterilized room.

Everything in here scares me. It's cold and all of the instruments are metal and pointy.

"Are we here for a regular check up?" She asks us and I glance at her name tag.

Dr. Cassandra.

I fiddle with my wedding ring, "um, no." I start and she looks up to me, her eyes averting from the paper. "We've been trying to have another baby and I don't know why I can't get pregnant?" I laugh a little because I sound so pathetic.

"Okay, sure. We'll get you checked on it right away. It could be a number of possibilities. You've had no problem during intercourse, right?" Dr. Cassandra asks me and I shake my head.

"None at all." I answer her.

It still feels good.

"Alright. It could be that you aren't trying whilst ovulating or you could be infertile." She tells me and I stop breathing. "We'll double check just incase."

She gives us another fake polite doctor smile and I nervously look at Jack. He chews the inside of his cheek while watching everything the doctor is doing. I can tell he's anxious and nervous too.

I want Peyton to have another sibling. More than Jack knows. Jack places his hand on my thigh and I look at him.

"Everything is going to be okay." He reassures me.

"You don't know that." I suddenly snap and he holds both of his hand up.

"I'm sorry." I sigh. "I'm just- scared." I shrug.

"So am I, baby."

"We should've tried while I was ovulating." I whisper to him, but there's really no need to.

Dr. Cassandra is practically banging on the keyboard trying to type my information on the computer. When she's finished, she turns her chair towards me. She instructs me to lay down on the bed lined with paper.

"We're just going to get a little sample of something, sound good?" She asks and I take in a deep breath, nodding my head.

It's finished in no time and she exits the room to test the sample for the results. I'm so scared. More scared than I've ever been in my entire life. Maybe I'm overreacting and nothing is actually wrong.

Jack taps his foot annoyingly on the ground. For one, the sound is annoying and two, he's not even tapping his foot to a certain beat. Just rapidly and slow sometimes.

"Jack, I'm scared." I tell him. "I don't want to let you down if I can't have anymore babies."

"Hey, hey, hey." He softly says. "You'll never let me down. You know this."

I nod my head and he uses his thumb to wipe a stray tear that's escaped. It wouldn't be my fault, but I would still feel so guilty. Now, I can't help but two my foot in anxiousness.

Jack puts his arm around me, hugging me close to him. All we both can do is wait in this cold room for the doctor to return.

"What do you think Sam is doing with Peyton?" I ask Jack, wanting to change the subject and ease ourselves from it.

"Probably teaching him how to roll a blunt or something." He shrugs.

My mouth drops open and I smack his chest, "I said Sam, not Nate."

Jack chuckles, shaking his head, "Sam's good with kids. He's probably putting him down for a nap." He checks his watch. "Because it is exactly 2:25. Peyton's nap time."

"You're such a good dad. You remember his nap time." I smile up at him, kissing his cheek.

"Of course I remember. I'm trying to become the best dad I can be because I know that I've let you down before and I don't want it to happen again."

"Let that go, Jack. I'm sorry that I even said it." I caress his cheek.

"No, it really put things into perspective, I've been a really shitty-"

He's cut off by the door opening. I quickly sit up straight and grab Jack's hand. Dr. Cassandra's eyes look at the both of us with nervousness. She flips through multiple papers before speaking up.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Gilinsky, you're infertile." She looks at me with sympathy while taking off her light blue, rubber gloves.

My mouth dries. How is that possible. I've already had one baby.

{vote, comment, share}