Fourteen

June 26th, 2020

After washing, dressing and then feeding myself and Peyton, I begin on tying his tiny laces. He begins to mumble to himself and I smile. He's starting to learn some more words and it makes me extremely happy.

I look up at him for a second and he points to the ceiling and he talks to himself. His little hand grips around an Oreo cookie and his face is smothered with the black, chocolate cookie.

"Let's go visit daddy." I say to Peyton as I finish putting on his mini vans; ones that jack bought for him.

Jack told us that he was going to the office and that confused me a little because he said he'd only make once a week appearances and that one time was yesterday. Not thinking much of it, I grab Peyton in my arms, along with my purse.

I buckle him in and then get into the drivers side of my car. Still much love for the mercedes Jack bought me way back when. I turn up the music a little because Peyton always gets giddy when he listens to music.

Marvin Gaye plays on the radio. When is it not on the radio? For Peyton's sake, I don't change the radio station and I just let it play. It annoys me to death.

Soon enough, we arrive at the large estate and I get out of my car, grabbing Peyton as well. I barely ever come here, so it's weird every single time that I do. Most of his staff members already know who I am.

"Mrs. Gilinsky, hello." Diana, Jack's secretary, greets me with a kind and warm smile.

"Good morning." I say to her.

"How are you and the little guy?" She gives a tiny wave to Peyton, causing him to bury his face into my neck.

"We're doing amazingly well."

"Here to visit Mr. Gilinsky?" She asks me and I reply with 'yes'. "Want me to call in to let him know you're going up?"

I shake my head, "no thank you. I want to surprise him." I smile towards her and she nods, gesturing me to go onward with my journey.

"Have a good day, Mrs. Gilinsky."

"You too, Diane."

I walk into the elevator and press the fifth floor. For some odd reason, nervousness runs through my body. What if he's busy and shoos me away? He wouldn't do that because Peyton is with me.

"Ready?" I ask Peyton, making him smile.

Yet, he has no idea what's going on. I stop in front of his office door and I can't hear anything inside, which means he's most likely not busy. Let's just hope that he has a little bit of time for us.

I slowly open the door to the large office and my heart starts to rapidly beat and then drops at the sight in front of me. My eyes widen in disbelief. No. No. No.

"Jack?" My shaky voice says, causing his head to lift.

I wince at the sound of two lips disconnecting.

"Camila." Jack breathes, standing up from his seat and pushing the skimpy blonde away from him.

"How could you?" I ask him, my voice cracking.

"It's not what-"

"Cut the bullshit, Jack. You're not fooling anyone." I seethe, tears starting to form in my eyes due to feeling angry and betrayed.

"You have a wife and a baby?" The blonde exclaims, practically screeching, causing Peyton to start crying.

Oh no. My baby boy. I hope he doesn't remember any of this as he grows up.

I breathe in and out slowly as Jack tries to approach me, "you don't wear your wedding ring to work?" I croak.

"Camila, please." He whispers.

"Do you know how embarrassing this is? That our son had to see what was going on too?" I step back and away from him, hurt evident on Jack's face.

I shake my head, beginning to exit the office, embarrassed and humiliated. This was the last thing I needed right now. Did the 'I love you' he said last night mean nothing to him?

After hearing my name being called by him numerous times, Peyton's crying, and Jack's loud footsteps, I turn back around, fed up and ready to finish him.

"I can't fucking believe you." I curse at him. "After everything. I've been loyal to you and I should've known. Once a cheater, always a cheater. You broke your wedding vows. You said you'd never do anything to emotionally hurt me."

"Baby-"

"By the time you're home, I'll have my necessities packed. Don't bother to try and contact me because you're not going anywhere near my son." I emphasize.

I don't need Peyton to grow up and be just like Jack. So, it's better to terminate him now from Jack than later on in life when he's developed and evolved into a miniature Jack.

"Camila, no." His strong voice booms loudly, causing others around to look. "You can't do that."

"Yes, I can and I will." I tell him.

His eyes start to glisten and why the hell is he crying now? It's his fault for doing all of this in the first place. While I was taking care of our baby, he was going to 'work' and making out with one of his employees.

He steps forward, grabbing my arm to stop me from walking, but I push him off almost instantly, wanting to cease my baby boys crying and screaming at the same time.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I yell at Jack and he holds his hands up.

"Please. You can't leave me."

"Stop with the begging, Jack." I angrily say. "It's useless." I mutter, trying to rip my ring off of my finger and hand it to him.

"No, stop it." Jack tells me, shaking his head. "Stop this."

"Why?" I laugh through my tears. "You don't wear yours, so why should I wear mine?"

With that, I drop the rock onto the floor.

{vote, comment, share}

yes, that cliche cheater plot twist :) I told you that you were going to hate me.