Nineteen

July 21st, 2020

It has been three weeks since that encounter with Jack and he's left me alone about a week ago. Finally. My birthday is in seven days and Michael insists that we do something, but I just want to chill.

Right now, I peep my head out of the front door and look over to Jack's house to see if he's home. I missed my period last week and I'm honestly scared. I had a few boxes of pregnancy tests in the bathroom and I just wanted to make sure is he was there or not.

I mean... He is going to be the one getting the box. Plus, I'd be better than making Michael pay for one. I feel bad for using his money. I walk over to Jack's place and hear Michael call out behind me.

"Be careful." He tells me and I look back at him.

I nod my head, continuing on with the super short walk across the fake grass. I'm sure that by now, Jack's stopped trying to get me back. I just don't know what to do if I am pregnant.

Do I tell Jack? If I do that, he'll try to fight for custody over both of my children  and I don't want that. What I don't want either is for him to get involved in my life again. I just need to suck it up and get the pregnancy tests.

I quickly press the doorbell and step back a few feet, ready for him to swing the door open at any moment. I look around at the cars stuffed into the driveway and the plants he lets dry up. The door opens and Jack appears with no shirt on.

He runs a hand through his hair, confused, "Camila?" His eyes widen.

"Yeah, hi, uh, can I grab something of mine really quick?" I ask.

"Of course, of course." He opens the door for me. "Are you coming back anytime soon?" He lowers his voice.

"I don't know if I can, Jack." I shake my head, not making eye contact with him.

It's been so long since I've been in here, wow. I head up to the bathroom and hear Jack's footsteps closely behind me, making me want to move faster so he doesn't see what I'm grabbing.

Once I get inside, I open the white drawer with from the go,d handle and take out the boxed test. Jack comes to my side and grabs my arm, jerking it forward. He gazes at what's in my hands.

"You had sex with him?" Jack angrily spits. "Unbelievable."

"I wouldn't do that! I'm not you." I pathetically reply. "You're the only person I had sex with recently." I point a finger at his chest as he looks down at me.

I feel tears begin to weld up in my eyes. No. No. No. It's not the right time for this.

"Wait, so you're pregnant again?" Jack breathes.

"I don't know!" I exclaim. "That's why I'm doing this test."

"Well, what are you gonna do if you are?" He asks me.

"What am I going to do? That I don't know either. I'm going to be a single mother of two children." I whine.

"You're not a single mother." Jack sneers, shaking his head. "You're still married to me."

"That's surprising, isn't it?" I ask. "I should've filed for divorce sooner." I sniffle.

"No, don't say that." Jack tells me. "You have no idea how much of a living hell it's been around here with you and Peyton. Your laugh, your presence. I would do anything to have that back."

I use the back of my hand to wipe my wet cheeks and shake my head. This is a long conversation.

"It's too late for that now." I reply. "You shouldn't have cheated on me."

"I didn't mean to!"

I narrow my eyes at him, my vision becoming blurrier, "you didn't mean to? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I snap. "It was all in your control. Everything was in your control."

"You're so difficult-"

"And you're a backstabbing cheater." I cut him off. "Sell my wedding ring. I'll file for divorce as soon-"

"I'm not signing those divorce paper." He shakes his head. "If I do, I get full custody of my children. When the second one is born too."

My breathing starts to become shallow. It's just like he's dropped a bomb on me.

"You can't do that..." My voice quiets down.

"You can't do this to me! You can't just leave me."

"Yes, I can! I have a valid reason to! You can't just threaten me for not wanting to be with you. That's not fair." I tell him.

"We can work things out. We've done this before, Camila." Jack pleads.

"Yes, when we both were stupid teenagers. This is a different scenario. We're married and we have a son!" I tell him. "You can't get off the hook that easily this time!"

"I'm giving you a choice. Come back to me or let me get full custody of the kids when we divorce and you won't be able to step foot near them."

"You're being unfair!" I repeat. "I don't even know if I'm pregnant yet. Plus, you're going to hire. A really expensive lawyer, and that's just not fair."

"If you haven't had your period, it's pretty fucking obvious that you're pregnant." He curses. "Another baby is what we've been trying really hard for. You can't choose the second choice."

"I never said I did." I snap. "You're stressing me out, Jack. Do you really think it's good for me to be stressing out?"

"No, that's why I'm suggesting the first choice."

"Why would I do that if I'm just going to be unhappy?"

"I'll try my best to make you happy again."

{vote, comment, share}