Twenty Nine

August 5th, 2020

I bring my hand up to his chest to slightly push him back after I feel his tongue swipe across my bottom lip.

"Jack..." I shake my head softly, looking down. "I can't..."

"You can't or you wont?"

"Both."

"Why not?" He asks me, practically whispering.

The elevator opens up to our floor and Jack groans, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the elevator.

"I want you to forgive me." He pleads, continuing to lead the both of us back to our suite.

That kiss keeps replaying and running in my head. I didn't hate it entirely, but I can't give in. This always happens. He either kisses or touches me and I give in.

"Jack." I whine. "I want to forgive you, but I can't. What you did to me was unforgivable."

"Can't we just talk about it?"

"We have and we do every minute of everyday." I tell him, sliding my card into the door.

It opens and I toss my bag to the side. There goes today's plans. I walk into the room and Jack follows. He sits down on the bed and watches as I take my jewelry off.

"Today, we can just talk things out. I don't like when you're like this toward me." He confesses. "We need to get along someday."

His arms wrap around my hips, pulling me closer to him. I proceed with u clasping my bracelet, trying not to acknowledge him.

"For the sake of this little guy." He places his palm on my stomach.

"Little guy?" I ask. "It's definitely going to be a girl. No more boys in the house."

Jack grins up at me when he hears my words, "whatever you say."

He moves quickly, laying down and pulling me down onto his lap so I straddle him. I gasp, slapping his chest.

"Jack, let go of me."

"I'm enjoying the view." He tells me, putting one arm behind his head while the other locks around my waist.

He looks down to my stomach and his hand clasps mine, intertwining our fingers. I try to avoid looking at his face.

"I'm sorry I cheated on you. I want to make amends. I was horny- and we didn't even get-"

"To sex. You probably would've if I didn't walk in." I snap at him.

Here we go again.

"I needed a release." He tells me. "You have no idea how stressed-"

Excuses.

"Then you're supposed to come to me. You're wife." I emphasize. "Not some skank you saw once."

"You were never down to do anything with me."

"Are you kidding me?" I scoff, starting to get off of him.

He tighten his grip on my hand, "you're not walking away from this talk this time. I'm not letting you."

"I've stopped loving you." I tell him.

That's probably the biggest lie on the planet.

"Stop lying. No you haven't." Jack replies.

"Yes, I have."

"No. Camila, you haven't." He sits up, so we're face to face. "You haven't stopped loving me and you know it. Don't try to say that just to make me feel miserable. I'm miserable enough knowing that you don't like me because of what I did."

"Well, then maybe you shouldn't have done what you did."

His facial expression softens, "you have no idea how much I want to take it back. How badly I wish I could go back and stop it from starting. I love you so much. I don't want to lose you."

"Your 'I love you's' don't matter to me anymore." I say.

"Don't say that. You don't mean that." His eyebrows pull together.

I've only ever seen Jack genuinely cry once. Only once and right now, it looks like waterworks are going to begin.

"You can't say that my 'I love you's' don't mean anything to you anymore. I do love you." His other arm comes around my back to move me closer to him. "You know I love you."

I set both of my hands on his broad shoulders. I look into his dark eyes at try to gauge his reaction.

"Once more chance?" He asks me.

"How many chances do you need? Do you know how many I've given you ever since we've met. So many. To the point where I don't even remember." I tell him.

"I've changed for you, Camila. You know this too."

"Yes, for me, but you haven't really changed your personal ways. You're still yourself. You're going to say something like 'I'll change' and you actually won't. You always do that and I'm sick of being lied to!"

He runs his right hand up and down my side, to calm me down, but calming down is the last thing I'm doing.

"Tell me the truth Jack, does she always go there?" I raise my eyebrow. "Have you been cheating on me every time you go to the office?"

"No, no, no." He rushes, shaking his head. "That was the only time."

Most horrible timing.

"Are you being honest with me? Or do you just like to play with my feelings?".

"I'm being honest with you." His hand rests on my hip as he looks up at me.

"I still think we should get a divorce." I tell him and his face falls.

It looks like I've just completely broken his heart.

"Really?" He narrows his eyes at me. "You're not willing to work this out and you'd give up your own children that easily."

"No, of course not! I just can't stay with you!" I respond.

"I'm trying to work things out with you! You're just so difficult!" He raises his voice.

"I wouldn't be difficult if you just let things go my way-"

My mouth his clamped shut by Jack's own mouth and I'm taken aback. I try to push him back, but his lips claim mine so forcefully, that I'm starting to weaken. Jack's starting to break down my wall, brick by brick.

"You never know when to shut up, do you?" He breathes.

{vote, comment, share}