Twenty One

July 23rd, 2020

"Hey..." I hear that familiar soft voice that I hate so damn much. "You need to eat something. You can't be starving yourself."

My eyes slowly pry open and I see Jack's hand on my arm, making my eyes widen. I jump back so far that I fall off the bed. I groan as my back hits the hard carpeted ground.

"What the fuck, Camila?!" Jack shouts, scaring me a little. "You can't just fall onto floors. You're fucking pregnant. Did you forget?"

Suddenly, I feel his arms scoop me up and I look at his face. There's a conferenced expression plastered over it and it makes me look away. I can't stare at it. I hate him.

"You're okay, right? You're not hurt? You don't think the baby-"

"Just set me back down, Jack. I got this." I mutter, not wanting an ounce of his help at all. "If I weren't okay, I'd be screaming."

He sighs loudly, setting me onto my feet gently. I stretch myself so my back doesn't hurt as much. I then head into the bathroom, not acknowledging Jack. After quickly brushing my teeth and brushing my hair out, I head towards Peyton's room.

"Don't touch him." I seethe and begun to speed walk when I see my baby boy in Jack's arms.

"He's my son too, you know?" Jack's eyebrows pull together and it resembles Peyton's sleepy ones.

"I know, but I don't want you near him." I sneer.

"Too bad. I'm going to be around him because he's my kid. I'm sorry if you don't like that, but you're not going to take him away from me."

Says the one who threatened to take my child away from me.

"Shouldn't you be working." I try shooing him off. "Or cheating. Whichever you actually do in the office."

"Camila, that's enough." Jack breathes, anger evident in his tone. "Can you stop? You always have to bring it up-"

"No!" I retort immediately. "It's not enough! You deserve to be harassed and tortured. You deserve to suffer and be reminded of the horrible thing you did. You've been let off easy your entire life."

"But I understand what I did."

"Clearly not." I mutter, reaching out for Peyton, but Jack swiftly turns away from me and briskly walks down the stairs.

I roll my eyes and follow behind him. This co-parenting thing is not going to work anymore. I go into the kitchen and swing open the refrigerator door. It's good that he left the fridge stocked up.

I grab a container of food and throw that into the microwave. I don't care what it is, I'll pretty much eat anything and everything. I haven't been in the living room for almost four weeks. I head in there to see what Peyton is doing, but then I immediately stop.

"When you repaint this?" I ask Jack, trying not to make eye contact with him.

"I thought that white looked better than gray." He replies and I can feel his eyes burning on me.

"It's cream colored, you dipshit." I say.

"No, it's white."

"Cream."

"White."

"Cream."

"It's white! I was the one who chose the color." He emphasizes.

"Clearly you're color blind." I shake my head, dismissing the conversation and then I return into the kitchen for my food.

July 24th, 2020

"Mr. Jack Finnegan Gilinsky has won this case and now has full custody of Finnegan Peyton Gilinsky and the child born to be. Case dismissed." The judge says and my breath catches in my throat.

I fall limp down onto my knees, screaming, kicking and crying. He won. He won the custody of both of my children. What a monster.

"Camila. Camila? Wake up! You were screaming and you're crying." I hear a low voice and some sudden shaking.

I gasp for air and my eyes fly open in alarm. A dream. It was just a dream.

"What are you doing here?" I screech, backing away from him.

I've been sleeping way too much. I said that I didn't want Peyton around Jack. But all Jack has been doing is stay by his side at all times while I'm asleep. The large hand holds my arm tightly as I try to rid of it.

"Don't want you falling off the bed again." He tells me, his raspy morning voice practically tearing me apart.

My heart rate starts to pick up as I realize that Jack was sleeping right next to me. I quickly get off of the bed and stand up, staring agape at him.

"Don't sleep in the same bed as me!" I scold him.

"I miss you. I want to sleep with you." He softly tells me, only making my anger surge even more. "What was your dream- I mean nightmare about?"

my eyes narrow at him and I stay mute. He doesn't deserve to know. He's acting like he didn't do anything horrible.

"You can't sleep with me!" Is all I say before storming out of the guest bedroom.

There are plenty more in this house and maybe I should sleep inside of a room that he'd least expect me to be. The theater room. I doubt he'd check there, considering the door is always shut.

I make my way into the bathroom to do all of my morning stuff and I've developed a routine rather quickly. Wake, brush teeth, shower, eat, sleep and repeat. I have decided that today, I'm going to walk Wilson with Michael.

As I eat my food, Jack comes down the stairs. All sex-god like with his hair disheveled and bare chest and abdomen. I avert my eyes away from him, ignoring and not acknowledging his presence.

I'm not going to give into him. I'm never going to. Never again.

{vote, comment, share}

The more you vote, the quicker I'll update because it motivates me :) knowing so many people actually read and like my chapters.